Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How much harder is it to make a flat roof with a small slope?

I have a feeling lots of roofs are replaced when it is not required. A bloke comes round and tells them it needs to be done, or they do it as "we might as well" whilst doing some other work.
My roof and neighbours is fine (about 80 years old) with rosemarys, so no reason others in the street would not be, but quite a few replaced with profiled concrete jobs. Many of these have loft conversions !
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 21, 6:25*pm, sm_jamieson wrote:
I have a feeling lots of roofs are replaced when it is not required. A bloke comes round and tells them it needs to be done, or they do it as "we might as well" whilst doing some other work.
My roof and neighbours is fine (about 80 years old) with rosemarys, so no reason others in the street would not be, but quite a few replaced with profiled concrete jobs. Many of these have loft conversions !
Simon.

I once overheard a roofer that had been asked to replace 4 slates - on
a roof with no other slates already replaced - saying ooh you need us
to reroof the whole thing. Its all about money, and screw the
customer.

NT

How much harder is it to make a flat roof with a small slope? GB UK diy 24 July 22nd 11 10:45 PM
Best way to get a shallow slope on a flat roof David WE Roberts[_2_] UK diy 7 March 12th 10 11:42 PM
small flat roof leedsbob UK diy 3 November 14th 07 02:23 PM
Small flat roof Duncan Tuna Home Repair 5 December 1st 05 04:08 AM
flat roof - slope for run off duncan UK diy 3 July 13th 03 02:55 PM