Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default small flat roof

hi all,i am finishing a little extension circa 20ftx4ft to enclose a
passageway at the side of our house,i intend to use strling board as
the initial roof material and then felt it all,can you give me some
advice on the best way to complete this,materials methods etc,many
thanks,Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"leedsbob" wrote in message
ups.com...
hi all,i am finishing a little extension circa 20ftx4ft to enclose a
passageway at the side of our house,i intend to use strling board as
the initial roof material and then felt it all,can you give me some
advice on the best way to complete this,materials methods etc,many
thanks,Bob

Go to

http://www.ruberoid.co.uk/pages/rube...y/default.aspx

select "General Brochures" then download the "Coldseal & Quicktrim
Design Guide"

Do it exactly how they tell you, not cutting any corners or thinking "I
can't understand why they say that, I won't bother", and you'll get a
better job than most professionals would manage.

Disclaimer: I've not used that range of Ruberoid materials myself, but
following the details in their old "Blue Book" has always given me
excellent, neat, and long-lasting results.

Don't be tempted to save a few quid by using cheap felts that don't last
a winter on a rabbit hutch.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Wickes do a flat roof system, it's really easy to use and doesn't
require any special tools. You can pick up one of their "how to"
leaflets for it at one of their stores. Can't vouch for its longevity
though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Autolycus wrote:
Go to

http://www.ruberoid.co.uk/pages/rube...y/default.aspx

select "General Brochures" then download the "Coldseal & Quicktrim
Design Guide"

Useful article - thanks. My flat roof is about 20 years old - with easy
access - and I'd fancied replacing it myself when needed rather than pay
out extortionate roofer's prices. But the thought of boiling pitch rather
put me off.

--
*Gaffer tape - The Force, light and dark sides - holds the universe together*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.