Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lamp shade ratings and CFL

The Argos catalogue has lampshades with different ratings for incandescent
and CFL lamps. e.g. Rated for 60W incandescent or 12W CFL.

What's that all about - I thought the rating was to prevent overheating and
therefore the rated wattage would be about the same regardless of the type
of lamp.

Is it me missing something obvious or is it the Argos catalogue compilers
automatically converting one to the other?

Lamp Re-Wiring And Shade Question Robert11 Home Repair 2 March 19th 07 02:18 AM
Unusual table lamp - need shade & retaining ring Bob Home Repair 2 January 14th 07 03:25 AM
Lamp socket wattage ratings [email protected] Home Repair 18 May 7th 06 07:27 AM
Lamp ratings indago Electronics Repair 5 July 9th 03 05:28 AM
Lamp ratings Ed Price Home Repair 1 June 23rd 03 09:14 AM