Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless doorbells outdone!

The easiest jobs I've ever done were installing wire free doorbells (3)
and fitting a plug to a sink chain (1).

Just been talking to my mate Simon at Handyman 365 who has recently been
paid to open a back gate!

They had been pulling it like mad for days - he pushed it :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just been talking to my mate Simon at Handyman 365 who has recently been
paid to open a back gate!
They had been pulling it like mad for days - he pushed it :-)

Either they've somehow managed to exist in this world without
noticing the paradigm that doors open /into/ destinations, or
the original installer was incompetant and installed it the
wrong way around.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/10/2011 8:07 AM, jgharston wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just been talking to my mate Simon at Handyman 365 who has recently been
paid to open a back gate!
They had been pulling it like mad for days - he pushed it :-)

Either they've somehow managed to exist in this world without
noticing the paradigm that doors open /into/ destinations, or
the original installer was incompetant and installed it the
wrong way around.

The destination depends on which way you are headed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just been talking to my mate Simon at Handyman 365 who has recently been
paid to open a back gate!
They had been pulling it like mad for days - he pushed it :-)

Either they've somehow managed to exist in this world without
noticing the paradigm that doors open /into/ destinations, or
the original installer was incompetant and installed it the
wrong way around.

The destination depends on which way you are headed.

Indeed. My front door opens out because of the porch. Does this mean I
can only leave the house by this door & I have to come back via the window?

And what about cupboard doors?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just been talking to my mate Simon at Handyman 365 who has recently
been
paid to open a back gate!
They had been pulling it like mad for days - he pushed it :-)

Either they've somehow managed to exist in this world without
noticing the paradigm that doors open /into/ destinations, or
the original installer was incompetant and installed it the
wrong way around.

The destination depends on which way you are headed.

Indeed. My front door opens out because of the porch

And what a pain that can be. My parents' milkman was a complete prat and
would frequently leave the bottles of milk on the step, a couple of
inches from the (wooden) porch door. So every morning we had to
carefully open the door far enough to check, without pushing any bottles
off the step! Actually, I must ask them if that still happens.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just been talking to my mate Simon at Handyman 365 who has recently
been
paid to open a back gate!
They had been pulling it like mad for days - he pushed it :-)

Either they've somehow managed to exist in this world without
noticing the paradigm that doors open /into/ destinations, or
the original installer was incompetant and installed it the
wrong way around.

The destination depends on which way you are headed.

Indeed. My front door opens out because of the porch

And what a pain that can be. My parents' milkman was a complete prat and
would frequently leave the bottles of milk on the step, a couple of inches
from the (wooden) porch door. So every morning we had to carefully open
the door far enough to check, without pushing any bottles off the step!
Actually, I must ask them if that still happens.

you mean they still get a milkman?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
The easiest jobs I've ever done were installing wire free doorbells
(3) and fitting a plug to a sink chain (1).

Just been talking to my mate Simon at Handyman 365 who has recently
been paid to open a back gate!

They had been pulling it like mad for days - he pushed it :-)

Do you know how many times I have been called out to a lighting fault due to
blown lamps? Sure the customer have swapped them but they swapped them with
faulty lamps.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 10, 12:42*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Do you know how many times I have been called out to a lighting fault due to
blown lamps? Sure the customer have swapped them but they swapped them with
faulty lamps.

In days of yore when mains sockets were sparse and TV service
engineers paid home visits, I understand that a regular cause of
callout to a "dead" set was that SWMBO had unplugged it to do the
hoovering.

Chris

Wireless Doorbells Nodge UK diy 11 November 28th 08 07:01 PM
Wireless doorbells Andy Hall UK diy 1 July 4th 07 03:18 PM
Wireless doorbells Terry W. UK diy 1 July 2nd 07 04:42 PM