Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV - restoration home

Anyone see that restoration home programme last night? I recorded it, seen first ten minutes.
First thing that struck me, Caroline Quinton (what on earth is she doing presenting it ?) doing a very bad job of "acting" her lines.
Still, most of these progs have some interesting bits in for us DIYers.
I'll watch the rest tonight.
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 6, 10:50*am, sm_jamieson wrote:
Anyone see that restoration home programme last night? I recorded it, seen first ten minutes.
First thing that struck me, Caroline Quinton (what on earth is she doing presenting it ?) doing a very bad job of "acting" her lines.
Still, most of these progs have some interesting bits in for us DIYers.
I'll watch the rest tonight.
Simon.

Yes I saw it. Bit of a desperate job. Especially on a place that
could flood.
I once considered a very similar place/project myself. Thought better
of it.
Not to mention all the planning conditions.
Flooding is likely to be a more common thing these days too.
No mention of what the isurance company thought about that!

No-one has been as good as our Kev in any of these copycat programmes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:

Anyone see that restoration home programme last night? I recorded it, seen
first ten minutes. First thing that struck me, Caroline Quinton (what on
earth is she doing presenting it ?) doing a very bad job of "acting" her
lines. Still, most of these progs have some interesting bits in for us
DIYers. I'll watch the rest tonight. Simon.

I thought it was quite good, i have a lot of respect for young blokes that
think they can achieve anything they put their mind too and manage to pull
it off most of the time,
but was left wondering how he ended up with such an odd picky annoying
misses.

-
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark" wrote in message ...
sm_jamieson wrote:

Anyone see that restoration home programme last night? I recorded it,
seen
first ten minutes. First thing that struck me, Caroline Quinton (what on
earth is she doing presenting it ?) doing a very bad job of "acting" her
lines. Still, most of these progs have some interesting bits in for us
DIYers. I'll watch the rest tonight. Simon.

I thought it was quite good, i have a lot of respect for young blokes that
think they can achieve anything they put their mind too and manage to pull
it off most of the time,
but was left wondering how he ended up with such an odd picky annoying
misses.

Dead right, their sizes were a touch incompatible too.