Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Exterior painting and wood rot questions

I have a window frame and one corner has a small piece of wood rot.
I suspect also that gloss was applied over gloss as this is all peeling.

I am going to use ronseal wood rot liquid in the rot area and then fill with
an exterior filler.
Once I sand down the rest of the wood should I give some sort of
preservative coat first before undercoating/painting? Could I use the
ronseal wood rot for this?

Any thoughts on undercoat & gloss paint regarding makes, I will probably buy
from the local screwfix.

thanks

Painting Exterior Wood ? Robert11 Home Repair 2 January 23rd 07 02:30 PM
Exterior Block Home Painting Questions Ron Home Repair 4 March 1st 06 12:55 PM
exterior painting Rocket Ron UK diy 1 October 28th 05 12:43 PM
exterior painting Me Home Repair 2 March 9th 05 08:37 PM