Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Solar PV. Rumours of cuts (Get in quick?).

Went down to the Three Counties Show & got talking to a PV installer.
It transpires that there is a rumoured plan afoot to cut the payments
for power generated made for new sub 10Kwp/4Kwp installations from
next April. A figure of 10-20% cut is being bandied about.
So, if you're contemplating PV, you need to get in quick to beat the
cut.
No doubt lots of others will get this idea too, it will get really
busy immediately pre the event.

Thought it was too good a deal to last, so it sounds feasible.

The decision to cut payments for large arrays has already been
published.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 20, 5:43*pm, harry wrote:
Went down to the Three Counties Show & got talking to a PV installer.
It transpires that there is a rumoured plan afoot to cut the payments
for power generated *made for new sub 10Kwp/4Kwp installations from
next April.

So, best to sign up today then!

if you believe that, I've got a big steel tower that I'm trying to get
rid of in Paris. It'll make you a great wind turbine stand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Jun 20, 5:43 pm, harry wrote:
Went down to the Three Counties Show & got talking to a PV installer.
It transpires that there is a rumoured plan afoot to cut the payments
for power generated made for new sub 10Kwp/4Kwp installations from
next April.

So, best to sign up today then!

if you believe that, I've got a big steel tower that I'm trying to get
rid of in Paris. It'll make you a great wind turbine stand.

Good, Hope its retrospective.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:43:02 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

Went down to the Three Counties Show & got talking to a PV installer.
It transpires that there is a rumoured plan afoot to cut the payments
for power generated made for new sub 10Kwp/4Kwp installations from
next April. A figure of 10-20% cut is being bandied about.
So, if you're contemplating PV, you need to get in quick to beat the
cut.

No rumours needed it is changing on 31/3/2012 as per a "pre-arranged
already published by HM Govt in February 2010 price structure that is
index linked with degression"

http://www.decc.gov.uk/assets/decc/Consultations/Renewable%20Electricity%20Financial%20Incentives/1_20100204120204_e_@@_FITsconsultationresponseandG ovdecisions.pdf

Page 47 "Table of generation tariffs to 2020"

Apply index linking and there you have the price paid

You'll find that from now on it changes every year on the same day of
the year until 2021

So 10% sounds about right. Pity it isn't 150%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--

Only for new installations. (Bottom of page 6)
Existing installations continue as per original price.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

rip off merchants deserve to get their cocks kicked through their crania.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:03:23 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

Existing installations continue as per original price.

No, they continue at the price at the start of the contract which is
then index linked. If the index linking means the price paid drops
then they will drop.

So, get in quick if possible.
Pioneers deserve to be paid!

Presumably you've been called a thrush many times?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Existing installations continue as per original price.

No, they continue at the price at the start of the contract which is
then index linked. If the index linking means the price paid drops
then they will drop.

So, get in quick if possible.
Pioneers deserve to be paid!

Presumably you've been called a thrush many times?

--

Heh Heh. You ever heard of the RPI falling then? You are in Lala-
land.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Existing installations continue as per original price.

No, they continue at the price at the start of the contract which is
then index linked. If the index linking means the price paid drops
then they will drop.

So, get in quick if possible.
Pioneers deserve to be paid!

Presumably you've been called a thrush many times?

--

Heh Heh. You ever heard of the RPI falling then? *

Yes. Quite often during my lifetime.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Existing installations continue as per original price.

No, they continue at the price at the start of the contract which is
then index linked. If the index linking means the price paid drops
then they will drop.

So, get in quick if possible.
Pioneers deserve to be paid!

Presumably you've been called a thrush many times?

--

Heh Heh. You ever heard of the RPI falling then? *

It seems to whenever benefits are calculated ...

You are in Lala-
land.
The price paid will rise in £ terms. The value of the money will of
course fall due to inflation.
But you don't even get that protection if you leave your money in the
bank.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
Went down to the Three Counties Show& got talking to a PV installer.
It transpires that there is a rumoured plan afoot to cut the payments
for power generated made for new sub 10Kwp/4Kwp installations from
next April. A figure of 10-20% cut is being bandied about.
So, if you're contemplating PV, you need to get in quick to beat the
cut.
No doubt lots of others will get this idea too, it will get really
busy immediately pre the event.

Thought it was too good a deal to last, so it sounds feasible.

The decision to cut payments for large arrays has already been
published.

It was already planned that the FIT for new installations would reduce
by 7% pa as part of the finance model set out by the Govt.There was a
further rider in the smaller print that in the April 2012 review when
the reduction was to start, this figure could be increased if the rate
of take up was greater than the assumptions used in the model. They
carefully did not publish the model anywhere that I could find enabling
them to make whatever changes they wanted to in the review.

At the time there was no hint that 50kW FIT would be reduced in the
2011 budget. In the budget presentation mention was made of the greater
than expected uptake of 'large scale' PV installations so I'm not at all
surprised if the domestic FITs will be reduced post April 12.
Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 20, 7:59*pm, Bob Minchin
wrote:
harry wrote:
[...]

It's only new installations where the price will be reduced.
But you watch.The price of installations will tumble too I'm betting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:

At the time there was no hint that 50kW FIT would be reduced in the
2011 budget. In the budget presentation mention was made of the greater
than expected uptake of 'large scale' PV installations so I'm not at all
surprised if the domestic FITs will be reduced post April 12.

I have to say that I find it difficult to understand what the
government's real priority is in this area.

Surely, if the aim was maximum installed capacity at least cost,
then keeping the FIT attractive, but lower, for large
installations would achieve this. Since they apparently want to
discourage large installations, I really don't know what their
true target is. What advantage do they get by favouring domestic
generation?

Anyway, I've generated just over 1.5 MWh in 7 months.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:

At the time there was no hint that 50kW FIT would be reduced in the
2011 budget. In the budget presentation mention was made of the greater
than expected uptake of 'large scale' PV installations so I'm not at all
surprised if the domestic FITs will be reduced post April 12.

I have to say that I find it difficult to understand what the
government's real priority is in this area.

Surely, if the aim was maximum installed capacity at least cost,
then keeping the FIT attractive, but lower, for large
installations would achieve this. Since they apparently want to
discourage large installations, I really don't know what their
true target is. What advantage do they get by favouring domestic
generation?

The inside story is that the experts - and there are some at the
Department of Energy and Climate Change - had a huge battle with Chris
Huhne and Charles "Tonto" Hendry to get the FITS lowered for commercial
installs, because it was costing the nation a bloody fortune and
achieving nothing.

The political compromise was that they kept the FITS for domestic users,
since the cost per vote was lower. I.e. using taxpayers money the likes
of a few hundred quid a year to keep the harrys of this world liking
Chris Huhne, was a lot better than having massive arrays going up
everywhere and losing votes because electricity prices then quadrupled.

Apparently Huhne finds the concept of fossil balancing somewhat taxing,
as well.

In fact Huhne and Hendry find any intellectual exercise quite beyond them.

DECC is a grim battleground between those who know what they are talking
about and their technical chums in the national grid, and their
political arsehole overlords, who want an 'on message' statement.

Every report that comes out of DECC shows this. grandiose sweeping
statements about renewable energy, put in for political reasons to
please Cameron, Clegg and Huhne and Hendry, and fine print that says
'but only if it doesn't cost a fortune' put in to please Osborne..and
the a LOT of detail about things like waste burning and methane
digesters and nuclear power..which is of course the stuff that makes
actual sense.

Anyway, I've generated just over 1.5 MWh in 7 months.

Come the revolution, that's a death sentence, brother. Capitalist swine
with the boot on the neck of the working classes....

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 21, 7:15*am, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:
[...]

If you have a single large installion, it can cause problems with
voltage regulation on the grid (passing clouds etc).
Small installations, reduce load on the grid as the power is used
locally and disperse the cloud effects.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Chris J Dixon
writes
Bob Minchin wrote:

At the time there was no hint that 50kW FIT would be reduced in the
2011 budget. In the budget presentation mention was made of the greater
than expected uptake of 'large scale' PV installations so I'm not at all
surprised if the domestic FITs will be reduced post April 12.

I have to say that I find it difficult to understand what the
government's real priority is in this area.

Opinion poll rating and votes
Surely, if the aim was maximum installed capacity at least cost,
then keeping the FIT attractive, but lower, for large
installations would achieve this. Since they apparently want to
discourage large installations, I really don't know what their
true target is. What advantage do they get by favouring domestic
generation?

Opinion poll ratings esp Lib-Dems and votes
Anyway, I've generated just over 1.5 MWh in 7 months.

Chris

--
hugh