Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Makita batteries?

A few weeks ago my 14.4v Makita combi died & I had to panic buy another
combi to fulfill jobs. Ended up with an 18v Hitachi LiIon

In 4 weeks it managed to develop 4 annoying faults; the charger didn't
always kick in, the forward/reverse switch stuck, the hammer/no hammer
switch stuck & the hammer action was almost useless.

Took it back today & exchanged it for a 14.4v Makita. Bliss.....

This came with 2 x 1.3 a/hr NiCd's and I already have 3 x 3 a/hr NiMh,
so I have a surfeit of batteries.

I'll probably carry on with the NiMh because of the capacity, but how do
I store the NiCd's?

Do I charge them now & then a regular intervals, or charge them & leave
them, or leave them flat?

They are worth about £50 on the open market so I don't want them ruined
by lack of attention.

2KG Makita SDS+ TheOldFellow UK diy 3 July 15th 09 02:35 PM
Makita on E Bay The Medway Handyman UK diy 17 January 1st 08 01:09 PM
3-rd party replacement batteries for Makita? Ron Lowe UK diy 6 June 20th 06 04:59 PM
Makita USA? Jim S UK diy 6 June 26th 04 08:46 PM
Makita built in batteries for 7.2V cordless drills. P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº Woodworking 2 October 29th 03 12:48 AM