Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thermal Store Calculator

Hi,

Is there a online thermal store size calculator out there somewhere?
Something you can feed required energy in MJ, store max/min temps,
and it comes back with how many litres of water you need? Yeah I know
it's only simple maths but...

I've googled but failed to find anything.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

Hi,

Is there a online thermal store size calculator out there somewhere?
Something you can feed required energy in MJ, store max/min temps,
and it comes back with how many litres of water you need? Yeah I know
it's only simple maths but...

I've googled but failed to find anything.

Google for Heatweb - IIRC that brings up something along those lines..
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:57:26 +0100, BruceB wrote:

Is this any use
http://www.heatweb.com/

Ha, found that when looking for custom heat store makers(*1). This
machine doesn't have flash but will be playing with it later.

I'm thinking that I need a 1500l store(*2) which is just to damn
physically big, by a *lot*, as a cylinder (Akvaterm Solar is 1250 x
2150) to get into the room I want to use short of taking the roof off
and using a crane...

(*1) Any one know of good custom heat accumulator makers?

(*2) On the basis that the woodburner stove will chuck out a max of
8.5kW to water for up to 6hrs/day. OK the stove probably won't be
running flat out for 6hrs but as a max it's right. A 1000l(*3) store
will probably be OK (approx 6kW for 6hrs, the nominal stove output to
water), given that if the stove is on the house will most likely be
calling for heat as well so all the heat generated doesn't have to be
stored.

(*3) Still too physically big from Akvaterm at 1050 x 2100. The damn
things seem to be rather heavier than I expected as well, even before
you add 1.5 tonnes of water. I can see the floor requiring to be
strengthened...

--
Cheers
Dave.

DIY thermal store? evs2 UK diy 13 February 10th 11 08:08 AM
horizontal thermal store Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 25 July 4th 09 11:04 AM
Need help setting up thermal store pepper UK diy 23 February 7th 09 12:33 PM
Thermal Store Grunff UK diy 47 April 1st 05 12:24 AM
Thermal sto Ian Tracey UK diy 5 April 19th 04 04:04 PM