Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ceiling coving around pipe box?

In article , Gareth
writes
I'm being introduced to the delights of a mitre box when trying to install
ceiling coving. To me the task of installing coving is like the Crypton
Factor.

If I had a perfectly square room it would be easy.

But in the corner from ceiling to floor there is a pipe box (pipe coming
through ceiling and feeding a radiator).

The pipe box protrudes about 3 to 4 inches from the wall and is about 4
inches square.

How would fit coving around the box? Or would I just cut the coving flat to
meet the box corners and not even bother trying to hide the box with coving?

I figure that the worst case scenario is that I completely cock up the whole
exercise and end up wasting about £20 maximum which, for a failed DIY job,
is pretty good.

I'd say don't hide the box, it's an intrusion into the room so you don't
want to integrate it into being a feature. If you don't like the look if
it once it's done then you can change it later and could make a scribed
joint to mate in with the existing coving (giving you the opportunity to
learn a new covey, mitrey finishing skill :-).
--
fred