Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Strange Stat Behaviour

Hi all

Our CH system is controlled by 2 CM67 Honeywell programmable stats
(upstairs/downstairs).
For some reason, the downstairs one doesn't seem to be responding correctly.

It was quite chilly recently (evening) and the stat was showing 18.5c
(probably nearer 15 actually).
If I increase the required temperature above that shown, the heating fires
up OK.
But the stat does not seem to be "following/sensing" the ambient temperature
correctly.

Is this a low battery feature or something more fundamental?

TIA

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 2, 3:24*pm, "TheScullster" wrote:
Hi all

Our CH system is controlled by 2 CM67 Honeywell programmable stats
(upstairs/downstairs).
For some reason, the downstairs one doesn't seem to be responding correctly.

It was quite chilly recently (evening) and the stat was showing 18.5c
(probably nearer 15 actually).
If I increase the required temperature above that shown, the heating fires
up OK.
But the stat does not seem to be "following/sensing" the ambient temperature
correctly.

Is this a low battery feature or something more fundamental?

TIA

Phil

Turn off the intelligent forecasting facility - it probably knows its
going to be a warm night and is saving your fuel.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/06/2011 19:45, cynic wrote:
On Jun 2, 3:24 pm, wrote:
Hi all

Our CH system is controlled by 2 CM67 Honeywell programmable stats
(upstairs/downstairs).
For some reason, the downstairs one doesn't seem to be responding correctly.

It was quite chilly recently (evening) and the stat was showing 18.5c
(probably nearer 15 actually).
If I increase the required temperature above that shown, the heating fires
up OK.
But the stat does not seem to be "following/sensing" the ambient temperature
correctly.

Is this a low battery feature or something more fundamental?

If the battery is more than a couple of years old it might be worth
trying a replacement. If you don't have a suitable one handy try
swapping batteries between the upstairs and downstairs stats.

TIA

Phil

Turn off the intelligent forecasting facility - it probably knows its
going to be a warm night and is saving your fuel.

I don't think they look that far ahead. I'm not sure about the CM67's
but the CM927's won't advance the start up by more than 2 hours and they
certainly don't delay it.

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

Our CH system is controlled by 2 CM67 Honeywell programmable stats
(upstairs/downstairs).
For some reason, the downstairs one doesn't seem to be responding
correctly.
It was quite chilly recently (evening) and the stat was showing 18.5c
(probably nearer 15 actually).
If I increase the required temperature above that shown, the heating
fires up OK.
But the stat does not seem to be "following/sensing" the ambient
temperature correctly.

Is this a low battery feature or something more fundamental?

Swap the programmers over to see what happens?

--
Adam