Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Earth and cheap sockets

The other day I was looking for some 2-gang 13A sockets. I have always
been used to reasonably decent ones and they have always had a metal
eyelet in one of their fixing holes, connected to the earth bar. While I
was looking, I was suprised to find cheap ones that did not have this
feature. I can see people using these as a direct replacement for paint
marked, old sockets without thinking of adding a connection to the back
box's earth terminal and therefore leaving the possibility of a fault
making the back box and hence the contactable screws live.

SteveW

Where to buy cheap sockets and adaptors? Louis Ohland Metalworking 0 August 3rd 09 07:03 PM
sockets with no earth olo UK diy 8 December 6th 07 04:16 PM
Cheap remote control sockets Sim C. UK diy 8 November 23rd 04 10:37 PM
Earth Wiring In Sockets/Advice Andy Hall UK diy 3 August 12th 03 11:24 PM