Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fan wiring

Installed a new Vent Axia fan with timer today, only to find that the
thing went on running forever after the light switch was turned off.
Tried reversing the live and switch wires just in case, but that just
made it a simple on/off operation. Went to set the timer to minimum and
realised the diagram was different to the pcb, and there was nothing I
could see that was adjustable. I reckon I might have been given the
non-timer version (contrary to what the label on the unit says). That
being the case, is it likely that it would carry on running after the
light was switched off?
The previous fan worked fine with this wiring (switch/neutral/live), so
I must be missing something. I need to sound like I know what I'm
talking about when I take the thing back on Monday, so any help appreciated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 14, 7:54*pm, stuart noble wrote:
Installed a new Vent Axia fan with timer today, only to find that the
thing went on running forever after the light switch was turned off.
Tried reversing the live and switch wires just in case, but that just
made it a simple on/off operation. Went to set the timer to minimum and
realised the diagram was different to the pcb, and there was nothing I
could see that was adjustable. I reckon I might have been given the
non-timer version (contrary to what the label on the unit says). That
being the case, is it likely that it would carry on running after the
light was switched off?
The previous fan worked fine with this wiring (switch/neutral/live), so
I must be missing something. I need to sound like I know what I'm
talking about when I take the thing back on Monday, so any help appreciated.

On some of them the time out device can be adjusted. Maybe it needs a
tweak?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2011 20:57, harry wrote:
On May 14, 7:54 pm, stuart wrote:
[...]

Our bathroom extractor has a switch or jumpers (can't remember which)
currently set to 20 minutes. ISTR can be set for 10, 20 or 30 mins
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2011 19:54, stuart noble wrote:
Installed a new Vent Axia fan with timer today, only to find that the
thing went on running forever after the light switch was turned off.
Tried reversing the live and switch wires just in case, but that just
made it a simple on/off operation. Went to set the timer to minimum and
realised the diagram was different to the pcb, and there was nothing I
could see that was adjustable. I reckon I might have been given the
non-timer version (contrary to what the label on the unit says). That
being the case, is it likely that it would carry on running after the
light was switched off?
The previous fan worked fine with this wiring (switch/neutral/live), so
I must be missing something. I need to sound like I know what I'm
talking about when I take the thing back on Monday, so any help
appreciated.

Not sure whether it relates to your problem or not but when I fitted an
extractor recently I had to alter the wiring within the unit, which
certainly wasn't mentioned in the instructions:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/69tplcw (or
&hl=en)

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/05/2011 08:55, Lobster wrote:
[...]

Thanks. My wiring setup is the same as yours was (fig.4 in your
instructions) but the fact remains that the fan I have (allegedly the
Silhouette 100T) has no timer adjustment on the PCB, so I'm assuming
that I've been given the wrong unit. If the replacement doesn't work,
they can shove it, and I'll order another Aidelle Loovent

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 May 2011 21:39:07 +0100, Invisible Man
wrote:

Our bathroom extractor has a switch or jumpers (can't remember which)
currently set to 20 minutes. ISTR can be set for 10, 20 or 30 mins

Ours has 2 internal pots: one for sensitivity, one for runtime. The
sensitivity pot is impossible to get right, I can set it low but it'll
fire if a light switch is activated (bum wiring?). Set too sensitive
and it comes on when not needed because someone turned a light off,
set it too deaf and the place is damp.

--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com