Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mains Driven Water System

On May 14, 3:11*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On 14 May 2011 12:45:25 GMT, Jeff Gaines wrote:

The cylinder is bare with a loose cover so I want it replaced with a
foamed cylinder.

Is there actually much to be gained? You are not limitted to just a
single loose cover and you could wrap space blanket loft insulation
around it as well. Or build a a box around it and fill all the space
with insulation.

far less work and cost than a new cylinder!

Are there any things to watch out for, e.g. existing fittings/connectors
put under mains pressure showing up weaknesses etc?

Quite a possibility I would have though but do you want mains
pressure everywhere? Personally I like the water to stay in the
basin/sink when I turn a tap on not hit the bottom and bouce out or
shoot around the rounded shape and out. *B-)

Perhaps the plumber could make a list of other unnecessary works he
could do for you too, at your cost of course.

NT