Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (OT sorry) Virgin Media Tariff Oddity.

Attn. Virgin Media customers.

Daughter had Virgin Media when she was away as a student and would
like us to kick Sky into touch and move to Virgin Media because of
some of it's features. I would quite fancy the super fast fibre optic
broadband, plus VM is cheaper than Sky.

Just one question. - On all their tariffs why do VM then insist on
everybody either taking a stone age telephone or in default of taking
one pay for it anyway?

I already have 3 phonelines into the house on long contracts.

It seems illogical to me for VM to avoidably add cost to their
product. If they wanted a higher price for their service rather than
bundling a compulsory phone they should simply increase the price.

After all "Enough is sufficient unto the day", and with 3 phones in
the house I have enough already without a fourth.

Derek G