Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default changing colour

swmbo decided to have me repaint part of our render where the sun has
faded the original sandtex pale cream colour,having no luck in
drumming up any action from me she bought some sandtex in a colour
called cornish cream,with a promise of ice cold lager and aroast pork
dinner i started the painting when to our horror it was far too
pale,what colour can we mix to make it a deeper cream?,the pork
crackling joint is in the freezer and the lager is back in the box so
i need all the help you can give,thanks all !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
leedsbob wrote:

swmbo decided to have me repaint part of our render where the sun has
faded the original sandtex pale cream colour,having no luck in
drumming up any action from me she bought some sandtex in a colour
called cornish cream,with a promise of ice cold lager and aroast pork
dinner i started the painting when to our horror it was far too
pale,what colour can we mix to make it a deeper cream?,the pork
crackling joint is in the freezer and the lager is back in the box so
i need all the help you can give,thanks all !

Yellow will make it a deeper cream, but you still might not get the
shade right anyway.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsular.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
leedsbob wrote:

swmbo decided to have me repaint part of our render where the sun has
faded the original sandtex pale cream colour,having no luck in
drumming up any action from me she bought some sandtex in a colour
called cornish cream,with a promise of ice cold lager and aroast pork
dinner i started the painting when to our horror it was far too
pale,...

It's possible, isn't it, that it goes on pale, but dries darker?

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:05:10 +0100, Phil L wrote:

Even if you bought the exact same paint as what's on now, it will still
stand out like a sore thumb if you only do part of it, because the
original has umpteen years of grime to make it a completely different
colour.

Yep,

Either do all of it or put up with a vividly contrasting patch -

Or just a single wall or to internal corner between walls the join
will be less obvious unless the old wall is really mucky.

tip: use a roller, it shouldn't take you longer than a few hours to do
the full house.

Yes a decent roller is a lot quicker but if the surface of the render
is sharp you'll be picking bits of roller off. A few hours, hum,
assuming that the current paint/render is in good condition and you
only need to do one coat and you have good easy access (scaffold or
cherry picker).

Took weeks ( 8) to not finish this place last year before it got too
cold. But then there was 160 sq m of wall to pressure wash, patch,
thin coat and two full coats to apply along with removing the render
from one gable, cutting back and making good the slates and
rebuilding a chimney crown as well. Must get the scaffolding ordered
to finish the job...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Floor varnish changing colour of floorboards geraldthehamster UK diy 23 September 8th 09 01:17 PM
mortar colour Chris Skrimshire UK diy 6 December 10th 08 10:58 AM
Colour changing LED's The Medway Handyman UK diy 14 July 8th 07 10:19 PM
Blue colour instead of true colour in the monitor - how to fix it? chutney Electronics Repair 0 October 19th 06 02:03 AM
decorative concrete wall changing colour James UK diy 0 October 25th 05 05:43 PM