Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can anyone identify this coverplate please?

Extending a border today and came upon this, buried about two inches
below the turf: Oval cover about 20cm x 15cm:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6207080...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6207080...in/photostream

Anyone any idea what it is? My first guess it that it's a rodding eye
(if that's the correct term).

Thanks

Edward
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/2011 15:30, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/04/2011 15:13, Edward wrote:
Extending a border today and came upon this, buried about two inches
below the turf: Oval cover about 20cm x 15cm:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6207080...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6207080...in/photostream

Anyone any idea what it is? My first guess it that it's a rodding eye
(if that's the correct term).

I would say it *is* a rodding eye. That type usually have a pipe that
slopes away down from them.

Yep. Or at least, we have a rodding eye which has an identical cover plate.

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Edward" wrote in message

Extending a border today and came upon this, buried about two inches
below the turf: Oval cover about 20cm x 15cm:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6207080...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6207080...in/photostream

Anyone any idea what it is? My first guess it that it's a rodding eye
(if that's the correct term).

Thanks

Edward

Quatermass and the pit - leave it alone don't touch it!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/2011 17:31, It was im wrote:

"Edward" wrote in message

Extending a border today and came upon this, buried about two inches
below the turf: Oval cover about 20cm x 15cm:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6207080...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6207080...in/photostream

Anyone any idea what it is? My first guess it that it's a rodding eye
(if that's the correct term).

Thanks

Edward

Quatermass and the pit - leave it alone don't touch it!!!

Yes I was thinking of that US series "Lost" myself!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/04/2011 15:30, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/04/2011 15:13, Edward wrote:
Extending a border today and came upon this, buried about two inches
below the turf: Oval cover about 20cm x 15cm:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6207080...in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6207080...in/photostream

Anyone any idea what it is? My first guess it that it's a rodding eye
(if that's the correct term).

I would say it *is* a rodding eye. That type usually have a pipe that
slopes away down from them.

Deffo a rodding eye. The odd thing is I can't see any hold-down screws.
Presumably to pull it off you just clear out the central cavity and put
in a hook.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Lobster
writes
On 23/04/2011 17:31, It was im wrote:

Quatermass and the pit - leave it alone don't touch it!!!

Yes I was thinking of that US series "Lost" myself!

In the first pic I thought the trowel was a nice full size stainless
digging shovel so got the scale totally wrong, second pic sorted that
though.
--
fred