Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homeplugs - quick Q

considering a 2 packs of these: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150039

has anyone any experience of HDTV over them ? currently my 2wire
wireless router and Cyclone media adapter with wireless dongle happily
stream HDTV, so I want to at least equal that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 19/04/2011 16:07, Jethro wrote:

considering a 2 packs of these: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150039

has anyone any experience of HDTV over them ? currently my 2wire
wireless router and Cyclone media adapter with wireless dongle happily
stream HDTV, so I want to at least equal that.

For HDTV you would be better off with the AV specced ones like:

http://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerli...-piggy-mk2.htm

Note AV homeplugs will share wires with lower spec units - but can't
talk to them.

Just be aware.....
http://www.ban-plt.co.uk/truth-lies.php
http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk/showth...000M-and-DAB-R
adio
and much more.
--
Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 19, 4:07*pm, Jethro wrote:
considering a 2 packs of these:http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150039

has anyone any experience of HDTV over them ? currently my 2wire
wireless router and Cyclone media adapter with wireless dongle happily
stream HDTV, so I want to at least equal that.

I have a pair of these from ebuyer. They work great for me. I use them
to connect the xbox 360 to my network. They work fine with movies etc.
that I have on my network storage drive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/04/2011 16:49, John Rumm wrote:
On 19/04/2011 16:07, Jethro wrote:

considering a 2 packs of these: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150039

has anyone any experience of HDTV over them ? currently my 2wire
wireless router and Cyclone media adapter with wireless dongle happily
stream HDTV, so I want to at least equal that.

For HDTV you would be better off with the AV specced ones like:

http://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerli...-piggy-mk2.htm

Note AV homeplugs will share wires with lower spec units - but can't
talk to them.

But browsing further on ebuyer, one comes across these:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/262753

If I did not care about existing ones, the ones above would be right up
there in my list.

Kostas

--
Emails to this address are dropped.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/04/2011 16:07 Jethro wrote:

considering a 2 packs of these: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150039

I have 6 of Ebuyer's 'Extra Value' 200Mbps passthrough adapters. They
work extremely well and I've had no issues with them. They are a decent
price but the trouble is they seem to come into and out of stock on a
fairly regular basis.

Manufacturer apart, you may wish to go for 200Mbps for HDTV rather than
85Mbps.

Networking using homeplugs Graeme UK diy 11 September 20th 10 07:33 PM
homeplugs - software? JimK[_2_] UK diy 5 April 17th 10 11:32 AM
HomePlugs and RCDs Invisible Man[_2_] UK diy 11 April 10th 10 05:55 PM
homeplugs Stuart Noble UK diy 21 February 27th 08 07:04 PM
Homeplugs up the submain Pete Verdon UK diy 3 February 12th 08 09:36 AM