Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toolstation's garage floor paint - any comments?

I need to re-paint the garage/workshop floor (about 35m2)... it was last
done about 20 years ago in green so it would make sense to use the same
colour. Toolstation's price is reasonable (£27 for 5L) and the coverage
is claimed as 15m"/L.
Has anyone used it? Is there a better/cheaper option?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 18, 2:07*pm, NoSpam wrote:
I need to re-paint the garage/workshop floor (about 35m2)... it was last
done about 20 years ago in green so it would make sense to use the same
colour. Toolstation's price is reasonable ( 27 for 5L) and the coverage
is claimed as 15m"/L.
Has anyone used it? Is there a better/cheaper option?

I've used their water-based with added non-slip grit in the small
workshop, on top of OSB. It's easy to work (even on OSB!) and it
looked good in pale grey. Wear a year later is showing up, as there's
an obvious heavy-wear path from the doorway. The soft OSB probably
didn't help either, so overall I'm pretty hapy with it. Price was
good, coverage was good, seemed like a good material.

They also have an even cheaper solvent-based paint, but didn't have it
in stock that day.

garage floor paint Steve B[_4_] Home Repair 18 March 15th 10 07:07 PM
Garage Floor Paint/Coating - what's best ?? Paul Oman Home Repair 0 March 24th 09 10:20 PM
Garage Floor Paint/Coating - what's best ?? Robert Neville Home Repair 0 March 24th 09 12:57 AM
Garage floor paint ? Dave UK diy 8 June 8th 05 04:53 PM
Garage floor epoxy paint Walter Cohen Home Ownership 13 April 14th 05 02:18 PM