Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New tripe, different site

Following on from John Rumm's earier post about tripe I have found

http://www.lets-do-diy.com/Projects-and-advice/Electrical/Installing-a-fused-connection-unit-FCU.aspx

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
Following on from John Rumm's earier post about tripe I have found

http://www.lets-do-diy.com/Projects-...-unit-FCU.aspx

Perhaps one or more people are injecting rubbish like this into various
sites as part of a cunning plan to further restrict or to ban DIY work?
They can then point DCLG to the sites in the on-going evaluation of Part
P and say "look what happens if you leave people free to DIY - even the
best intentioned can be led astray".

(I know am paranoid. But I still don't know if I am paranoid enough.)
--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 10, 10:36*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Following on from John Rumm's earier post about tripe I have found

http://www.lets-do-diy.com/Projects-and-advice/Electrical/Installing-...

What's wrong with it? I didn't read in detail, but it seemed to be
plausible to me.

(For the avoidance of doubt: That is an assertion that it is the
dangerous sort of rubbish which is superficially correct; it is not
assertion that it is not tripe.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Following on from John Rumm's earier post about tripe I have found

http://www.lets-do-diy.com/Projects-and-advice/Electrical/Installing-...

What's wrong with it? I didn't read in detail, but it seemed to be
plausible to me.

The first sentence was enough for me

"An FCU is a socket with an integral fuse used for connecting high-wattage
appliances, such as cookers, extractor fans, central heating timers and
heaters, to a circuit."

Is a socket?

Connect a cooker using an FCU ?

Since when have extractor fans and central heating timers been high wattage?

Regards

Tripe zymurgy UK diy 12 August 26th 09 05:13 PM
Look this new site Hasipups Home Repair 1 August 21st 07 01:17 PM
see the most hot new site of 2007see the most hot new site of 2007 mote UK diy 1 March 21st 07 02:40 PM
my new site john s Woodworking 5 March 30th 05 05:47 PM