Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Enclosure for Cooker Breaker

Hi all

For those following, it is likely that I will elect to add a 45A breaker for
my cooker circuit to satisfy the building control inspector chappie.
My CU is Hager who don't do 45A breakers therefore I may be looking at a
separate sub-box.

The questions a

Should the tails for this connect downstream of the existing CU switch, so
that the CU switch controls the whole install?
Or should they be upstream of the CU switch - requiring isolation of the
main fuse to fit?

Also, what enclosure/device do the group recommend?

Thanks

Phil