Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wylex 404 4-way CU

If anybody's chucking away a Brown Wylex 404, 4-way rewirable
three-piece consumer unit, ie wooden base, bakelite body, bakelite
fuse cover, a 4-way version of one of these:
http://www.flameport.com/electric/ol...own_wooden.cs4
would you be willing to chuck it my way?
The tenants in the shop have managed to bash the side of the
CU snapping the corner off. Usually the fuse cover goes missing
from these CUs, but in this case the cover is fine, it's just the
case that's damaged. Trying to replace the entire CU would be
a hellava bugger, it would require ripping out a cupboard, removing
an alarm control unit, shifting cables, probably extending cables.
On testing it's electrically sound, so removing and replacing the
case would work. The whole installation's protected by a RCB
DP isolator upstream

I'm doing the usual eBay browsing every few days. I know I can
order one brand new from Israel, but that may be going a bit too
far

Ta.

JGH

Wylex NB MCB for Shower Richard Conway UK diy 13 April 30th 08 11:06 PM
Wylex Consumer Units chopsaw UK diy 4 September 8th 06 12:19 AM
Wylex, Volex or MK? Rob UK diy 17 July 28th 05 10:24 PM
Wylex Cu John Rumm UK diy 2 July 3rd 05 12:02 AM
Replacing wylex mcb Caroline Honey UK diy 7 December 7th 03 12:12 PM