Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My mate is in for a right DIY bollocking

His wife had their first child today and he had taken a week off work. It
seems to be the norm now that a man gets a week off work when his partner
has a baby.

Anyway, he has borrowed my cement mixer and ordered a load of ballast and
cement from the merchants as he intends to use the week off work to put up a
new shed. Like he says, she's breast feeding so he cannot really help with
the baby so he might as well do something usefull instead.

I can see an argument tommorrow when the delivery lorry arrives.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

His wife had their first child today and he had taken a week off work. It
seems to be the norm now that a man gets a week off work when his partner
has a baby.

Anyway, he has borrowed my cement mixer and ordered a load of ballast and
cement from the merchants as he intends to use the week off work to put up
a new shed. Like he says, she's breast feeding so he cannot really help
with the baby so he might as well do something usefull instead.

I can see an argument tommorrow when the delivery lorry arrives.

A lorry to deliver a baby seems overkill.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
His wife had their first child today and he had taken a week off work. It
seems to be the norm now that a man gets a week off work when his partner
has a baby.

Anyway, he has borrowed my cement mixer and ordered a load of ballast and
cement from the merchants as he intends to use the week off work to put up a
new shed. Like he says, she's breast feeding so he cannot really help with
the baby so he might as well do something usefull instead.

I can see an argument tommorrow when the delivery lorry arrives.

I like his style, I would do the same. Fortunately for me we are past
the age for having babies.

Best of luck to him, please let us know the outcome.
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 10, 6:12 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
His wife had their first child today and he had taken a week off work. It
seems to be the norm now that a man gets a week off work when his partner
has a baby.

Anyway, he has borrowed my cement mixer and ordered a load of ballast and
cement from the merchants as he intends to use the week off work to put up a
new shed. Like he says, she's breast feeding so he cannot really help with
the baby so he might as well do something usefull instead.

I can see an argument tommorrow when the delivery lorry arrives.

--
Adam

he'll need it for the nappies and alll the other sh1t that will
accumulate.....

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Ronald Raygun
writes
ARWadsworth wrote:

His wife had their first child today and he had taken a week off work. It
seems to be the norm now that a man gets a week off work when his partner
has a baby.

Anyway, he has borrowed my cement mixer and ordered a load of ballast and
cement from the merchants as he intends to use the week off work to put up
a new shed. Like he says, she's breast feeding so he cannot really help
with the baby so he might as well do something usefull instead.

I can see an argument tommorrow when the delivery lorry arrives.

A lorry to deliver a baby seems overkill.

The stork was on paternity leave ...

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

His wife had their first child today and he had taken a week off work. It
seems to be the norm now that a man gets a week off work when his partner
has a baby.

Anyway, he has borrowed my cement mixer and ordered a load of ballast and
cement from the merchants as he intends to use the week off work to put up
a new shed. Like he says, she's breast feeding so he cannot really help
with the baby so he might as well do something usefull instead.

I can see an argument tommorrow when the delivery lorry arrives.

Why can she give a hand now she has had the baby? The baby will be sleeping
and she needs the excerise to get over the birth.
--
zaax
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2011 23:11, zaax wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

His wife had their first child today and he had taken a week off work. It
seems to be the norm now that a man gets a week off work when his partner
has a baby.

Anyway, he has borrowed my cement mixer and ordered a load of ballast and
cement from the merchants as he intends to use the week off work to put up
a new shed. Like he says, she's breast feeding so he cannot really help
with the baby so he might as well do something usefull instead.

I can see an argument tommorrow when the delivery lorry arrives.

Why can she give a hand now she has had the baby? The baby will be sleeping

If it isn't, follow the example of pre-war farm workers who needed to be
working at harvest time - put rum soaked sugar in a twist of cloth and
give it to the kid to suck. Placing it under a hedge is optional.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 20:05:06 +0000, geoff wrote:

The stork was on paternity leave ...

;-)

--
John Stumbles

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
His wife had their first child today and he had taken a week off
work. It seems to be the norm now that a man gets a week off work
when his partner has a baby.

Anyway, he has borrowed my cement mixer and ordered a load of
ballast and cement from the merchants as he intends to use the week
off work to put up a new shed. Like he says, she's breast feeding so
he cannot really help with the baby so he might as well do something
usefull instead. I can see an argument tommorrow when the delivery lorry
arrives.

I like his style, I would do the same. Fortunately for me we are past
the age for having babies.

Best of luck to him, please let us know the outcome.

She has cheered up a bit as he has laid a base for a summer house as well.
The actual summer house construction is on the things to do list and he is
actually wanting two sheds.

I declined the offer to watch a video of the birth and he never offered to
to show me the video of the conception.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim
Streater scribeth thus
In article ,
"ARWadsworth" wrote:

Bill wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
[...]

This is a Mr Jackson is it?

Is that episode online anywhere;?.. Me and a mate of mine of that name
still have the two sheds joke as he still has two absolutely ancient
sheds;!..

--
Tony Sayer

Reverb Mate, Sole Mate , spring reverb N_Cook Electronics Repair 7 January 18th 11 03:24 PM
trees mate for rain dsf Home Ownership 1 November 25th 10 06:34 PM
Brush Mate fluid CS UK diy 4 September 10th 08 06:28 PM
Plumbers' mate needed angelic88 Home Repair 1 November 9th 06 04:12 PM
Where would you look for a plumber's mate? David Wright UK diy 14 October 10th 06 02:16 PM