Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homebase - Loft Floor Packs

Do Hombase do loft floor packs, 3 T&G panels about 3' long and foot
wide, If so how much? Their web site is as much use as B&Q's...

Have a 15% off voucher for this weekend so if they have at less than
£6.30/pack they'll be cheaper than B&Q's or Wickes.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 10, 10:08*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
Do Hombase do loft floor packs, 3 T&G panels about 3' long and foot
wide, If so how much? Their web site is as much use as B&Q's...

Have a 15% off voucher for this weekend so if they have at less than
£6.30/pack they'll be cheaper than B&Q's or Wickes.

WH Smith were handing out 15% off everything at B&Q vouchers the other
weekend. Useable from 3rd to 19th March or something like that.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:58:23 -0000, BartC wrote:

The B&Q ones are 4' long I think. Make sure you compare the same
lengths...

1220 mm what ever that is in proper measurements "about three foot"
is good enough. B-) A pack should cover about 1.2m^2.

I expect they all come off the same production line in the same
factory anyway, just get a different insert in the plastic wrapper.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"BartC" wrote in message

The B&Q ones are 4' long I think. Make sure you compare the same
lengths...

I'm going to be laying some of these 4x1' sections soon, across some 3x2s.

They'll be supported at each end, but can I get away with one 3x2 in the
middle, or do I need two?

(This is for flooring the extremities of the eaves, with maximum headroom of
3', so no-one will be walking on them, just for storing junk)

--
Bartc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2011 14:26, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:58:23 -0000, BartC wrote:

The B&Q ones are 4' long I think. Make sure you compare the same
lengths...

1220 mm what ever that is in proper measurements...

Four feet to within 0.03 inches.

If you can get them up through the loft hatch, standard 8ft x 2ft
(2440mm x 610mm) flooring chipboard sheets should be better value for money.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:57:12 +0000, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

On 10/03/2011 14:26, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:58:23 -0000, BartC wrote:

The B&Q ones are 4' long I think. Make sure you compare the same
lengths...

1220 mm what ever that is in proper measurements...

Four feet to within 0.03 inches.

If you can get them up through the loft hatch, standard 8ft x 2ft
(2440mm x 610mm) flooring chipboard sheets should be better value for money.

Colin Bignell

That's what I got from Wickes. Green finish, quite hard and I found out by
accident not too affected by water.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2011 18:28, PeterC wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:57:12 +0000, Nightjar"cpb"@ wrote:

On 10/03/2011 14:26, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:58:23 -0000, BartC wrote:

The B&Q ones are 4' long I think. Make sure you compare the same
lengths...

1220 mm what ever that is in proper measurements...

Four feet to within 0.03 inches.

If you can get them up through the loft hatch, standard 8ft x 2ft
(2440mm x 610mm) flooring chipboard sheets should be better value for money.

Colin Bignell

That's what I got from Wickes. Green finish, quite hard and I found out by
accident not too affected by water.

Green flooring chipboard is the waterproof version, although they have
stopped colouring it green these days.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"BartC" wrote in message

[4x1' T&G chipboard flooring]

I'm going to be laying some of these 4x1' sections soon, across some 3x2s.

They'll be supported at each end, but can I get away with one 3x2 in the
middle, or do I need two?

no-one will be walking on them, just for storing junk

Thinking about it, this stuff is 3/4" thick and only 4' long.

I'm sure supporting at only 3 points will be fine, and possibly even at just
2 points, perhaps with a few supplementary support blocks, but I'll
experiment first...

--
Bartc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2011 14:42, BartC wrote:

"BartC" wrote in message

The B&Q ones are 4' long I think. Make sure you compare the same
lengths...

I'm going to be laying some of these 4x1' sections soon, across some 3x2s.

They'll be supported at each end, but can I get away with one 3x2 in the
middle, or do I need two?

(This is for flooring the extremities of the eaves, with maximum
headroom of
3', so no-one will be walking on them, just for storing junk)

These panels are T&G on 4 sides, if you glue the joins & stagger them as
in brickwork the joins don't need to be over a joist.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:42:14 -0000, BartC wrote:

I'm going to be laying some of these 4x1' sections soon, across some
3x2s. They'll be supported at each end, but can I get away with one 3x2
in the middle, or do I need two?

I'll support mine such that the insulation going underneath them
doesn't need to be cut along it's length. Which conviently is 400
(ish) wide so two supports in the middle of the board.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:57:12 +0000, "Nightjar wrote:

If you can get them up through the loft hatch, standard 8ft x 2ft
(2440mm x 610mm) flooring chipboard sheets should be better value for
money.

I've done the maths on 8 x 4's and the floor packs are cheaper. I
think I did it with 8 x 2's as well. At least at shed prices.

One also needs to factor in the lack of T&G all round and hassle of
handling in the loft in relation to the direction the joists will be
running.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:19:50 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

Anyone know about loft panels @ Hoembase?

I know they used to - bought some there once many years ago. Whether
they still do however is a different matter.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've seen them in there fairly recently (this
year) but didn't notice the price. If they are more than £6.30 my 15%
off everything voucher doesn't save me anything over B&Qs price of
£5.48/pack. (possible 5 for 4 offer excluded).

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 11, 10:36 am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:57:12 +0000, "Nightjar wrote:
If you can get them up through the loft hatch, standard 8ft x 2ft
(2440mm x 610mm) flooring chipboard sheets should be better value for
money.

I've done the maths on 8 x 4's and the floor packs are cheaper. I
think I did it with 8 x 2's as well. At least at shed prices.

One also needs to factor in the lack of T&G all round and hassle of
handling in the loft in relation to the direction the joists will be
running.

?Don't the 8 X 2s have tongue and groove then?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:57:12 +0000, "Nightjar wrote:
If you can get them up through the loft hatch, standard 8ft x 2ft
(2440mm x 610mm) flooring chipboard sheets should be better value for
money.

I've done the maths on 8 x 4's and the floor packs are cheaper. I
think I did it with 8 x 2's as well. At least at shed prices.

One also needs to factor in the lack of T&G all round and hassle of
handling in the loft in relation to the direction the joists will be
running.

?Don't the 8 X 2s have tongue and groove then?

Jim K

Yes, if you buy the flooring stuff.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Do Hombase do loft floor packs,

Are Homebase not in the 'phone book?

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
on Fri, 11 Mar 2011 03:14:38 -0800 (PST)
Man at B&Q wrote:

On Mar 10, 10:08Â*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
Do Hombase do loft floor packs,

Are Homebase not in the 'phone book?

Wrong question.

Try: do Homebase employ anybody at the nearest store who is capable of
responding to a telephone query with any degree of accuracy ...?
--

Terry

Loft Storage floor Clint Sharp UK diy 13 November 14th 14 11:20 AM
Loft Floor Material Joe UK diy 9 November 21st 08 10:25 PM
first floor loft conversion [email protected] UK diy 8 April 15th 06 09:25 PM
loft floor steelwork [email protected] UK diy 6 December 20th 05 04:35 PM
How difficult is it to floor a loft? John Latter UK diy 40 January 22nd 05 02:18 PM