Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q power tool clearout

Went into my local B&Q today for a length of beading, came out with a
circular saw :-)

Don't know if its just my local store, but they had Evolution chop saws.
Worx hammer drills, Worx 10v drivers, Ryobi 12v hammers ^ AEG circular
saws all on clearance for £30.

I bought the saw since I've never been that happy with my Makita 5604R.
SIL will be getting it as a pressie.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe.../sd3222/p22548

Really nice tool, cast base plate, 61mm depth of cut, 1600w.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Went into my local B&Q today for a length of beading, came out with a
circular saw :-)

Don't know if its just my local store, but they had Evolution chop saws.
Worx hammer drills, Worx 10v drivers, Ryobi 12v hammers ^ AEG circular
saws all on clearance for £30.

I bought the saw since I've never been that happy with my Makita 5604R.
SIL will be getting it as a pressie.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe.../sd3222/p22548

Really nice tool, cast base plate, 61mm depth of cut, 1600w.

I could certainly do with one of them. But their web site now claims no
knowledge of AEG. Nearest store is too far for an exploratory trip......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2011 23:23, newshound wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Went into my local B&Q today for a length of beading, came out with a
circular saw :-)

Don't know if its just my local store, but they had Evolution chop
saws. Worx hammer drills, Worx 10v drivers, Ryobi 12v hammers ^ AEG
circular saws all on clearance for £30.

I bought the saw since I've never been that happy with my Makita
5604R. SIL will be getting it as a pressie.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe.../sd3222/p22548

Really nice tool, cast base plate, 61mm depth of cut, 1600w.

I could certainly do with one of them. But their web site now claims no
knowledge of AEG. Nearest store is too far for an exploratory trip......

They have had them in store near me for a while. They had 2 in stock
today, I bought one.

Phone call might help? Hell of a bargain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 4, 10:12*pm, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
Went into my local B&Q today for a length of beading, came out with a
circular saw :-)

Don't know if its just my local store, but they had Evolution chop saws.
Worx hammer drills, Worx 10v drivers, Ryobi 12v hammers ^ AEG circular
saws all on clearance for 30.

I bought the saw since I've never been that happy with my Makita 5604R.
* SIL will be getting it as a pressie.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe...6+184mm+Circul...

Really nice tool, cast base plate, 61mm depth of cut, 1600w.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I have a big Hitachi circular saw, great but so heavy you can only use
it for a few minutes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2011 09:19, harry wrote:
On Mar 4, 10:12 pm, The Medway
wrote:
Went into my local B&Q today for a length of beading, came out with a
circular saw :-)

Don't know if its just my local store, but they had Evolution chop saws.
Worx hammer drills, Worx 10v drivers, Ryobi 12v hammers ^ AEG circular
saws all on clearance for 30.

I bought the saw since I've never been that happy with my Makita 5604R.
SIL will be getting it as a pressie.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe...6+184mm+Circul...

Really nice tool, cast base plate, 61mm depth of cut, 1600w.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I have a big Hitachi circular saw, great but so heavy you can only use
it for a few minutes.

Thats why I went for the Makita, I had a monster of a B&D saw. AEG one
is as light as the Mak but with a better depth of cut.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Went into my local B&Q today for a length of beading, came out with a
circular saw :-)

Don't know if its just my local store, but they had Evolution chop saws.
Worx hammer drills, Worx 10v drivers, Ryobi 12v hammers ^ AEG circular
saws all on clearance for 30.

I bought the saw since I've never been that happy with my Makita 5604R.
SIL will be getting it as a pressie.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe...6+184mm+Circul...

Really nice tool, cast base plate, 61mm depth of cut, 1600w.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

I have a big Hitachi circular saw, great but so heavy you can only use
it for a few minutes.

Thats why I went for the Makita, I had a monster of a B&D saw. AEG one
is as light as the Mak but with a better depth of cut.

Just been in to B&Q (Northampton) and no luck. Still, 25 mile ride in
sunshine and a couple of pubs on the way back was worth it.
Thanks for the tip.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Sheffield (Penistone Road) had some power tools on offer but mostly bench
jointers and bench top pillar drills (both Performance Power). There was an
assortment of other power tools but nothing that lept out as a particularly
good bargain.

Cheers

Mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mark Spice wrote:

Sheffield (Penistone Road) had some power tools on offer but mostly bench
jointers and bench top pillar drills (both Performance Power). There was an
assortment of other power tools but nothing that lept out as a particularly
good bargain.

Foklestone didn't have any of the AEG saws (shame, I could do with one of
those). A big stack of the chop saws, and a load of crap^Wown brand planers
and stuff.

Only thing that seemed a particular bargain was a stack of a dozen or so
hitachi 9" angle grinders.

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=140028

Bargain for 30 quid if you want one - unfortunately I don't :-(

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

If you want I'll have a look in my local B&Q tomorrow. I could get one
sent for £10 via a local carrier.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2011 23:23, newshound wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Went into my local B&Q today for a length of beading, came out with a
circular saw :-)

Don't know if its just my local store, but they had Evolution chop
saws. Worx hammer drills, Worx 10v drivers, Ryobi 12v hammers ^ AEG
circular saws all on clearance for £30.

I bought the saw since I've never been that happy with my Makita
5604R. SIL will be getting it as a pressie.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe.../sd3222/p22548

Really nice tool, cast base plate, 61mm depth of cut, 1600w.

I could certainly do with one of them. But their web site now claims no
knowledge of AEG. Nearest store is too far for an exploratory trip......

Stick this into Google "site:www.diy.com aeg"
loads of hits

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 19:50:41 +0000, nicknoxx wrote:

On 04/03/2011 23:23, newshound wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Went into my local B&Q today for a length of beading, came out with a
circular saw :-)

Don't know if its just my local store, but they had Evolution chop
saws. Worx hammer drills, Worx 10v drivers, Ryobi 12v hammers ^ AEG
circular saws all on clearance for £30.

I bought the saw since I've never been that happy with my Makita
5604R. SIL will be getting it as a pressie.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Powe.../sd3222/p22548

Really nice tool, cast base plate, 61mm depth of cut, 1600w.

I could certainly do with one of them. But their web site now claims no
knowledge of AEG. Nearest store is too far for an exploratory trip......

Stick this into Google "site:www.diy.com aeg"
loads of hits

Then add circular after the quotation; it comes down to 1 hit, that's a
stock-checker, enter postcode and see all of the "out of stock" places, e.g:

Store Stock

Northampton - reserve & collect

B&Q Warehouse

Map and more details
Make Northampton my reserve & collect store
Out of stock

Milton Keynes - reserve & collect

B&Q Warehouse

Map and more details
Make Milton Keynes my reserve & collect store
Out of stock

Bletchley - reserve & collect

B&Q Mini Warehouse

Map and more details
Make Bletchley my reserve & collect store
Out of stock

Wellingborough - reserve & collect

B&Q Mini Warehouse

Map and more details
Make Wellingborough my reserve & collect store
Out of stock

Kettering - reserve & collect

B&Q Supercentre

Map and more details
Make Kettering my reserve & collect store
Out of stock

Stock availability in store is an indication only. This availability was
checked on 05/03/11 .
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 18:54:36 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Just been in to B&Q (Northampton) and no luck. Still, 25 mile ride in
sunshine and a couple of pubs on the way back was worth it.
Thanks for the tip.

If you want I'll have a look in my local B&Q tomorrow. I could get one
sent for £10 via a local carrier.

Thanks Dave, but it looks as iff all of your local ones are devoid of such
things :-(

Strood - reserve & collect

B&Q Supercentre

Map and more details
Make Strood my reserve & collect store
Not available to buy in store

Gillingham - reserve & collect

B&Q Warehouse

Map and more details
Make Gillingham my reserve & collect store
Not available to buy in store

Gravesend - reserve & collect

B&Q Mini Warehouse

Map and more details
Make Gravesend my reserve & collect store
Not available to buy in store

Aylesford - Larkfield - reserve & collect

B&Q Supercentre

Map and more details
Make Aylesford - Larkfield my reserve & collect store
Not available to buy in store

Maidstone - reserve & collect

B&Q Supercentre

Map and more details
Make Maidstone my reserve & collect store
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 5, 11:01 pm, PeterC wrote:

snip B&Q printout

given how sh1t their web****e is, i wouldn't rely on any "real" stock
info it produced,
I've been on one memorable wild goose chase for tiles - their stock
thing is crap (funnily enough)

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Just looked - everything in the pile has gone - not surprised.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 13:24:27 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

If you want I'll have a look in my local B&Q tomorrow. I could get one
sent for £10 via a local carrier.

Just looked - everything in the pile has gone - not surprised.

Thanks Dave.
A pile's posh - there was SFA in mine yesterday. There were hordes of school
kids around in several groups and a bit in the way. Seems a bit daft having
lots of kids in on a Saturday 'cos the place was heaving anyway.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away