Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q Clearout

In my local Warehouse B&Q they have a huge section of clearance items,
including lots of power tools.

Interesting variety of brands; DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, AEG, Ryobi, Hitachi,
Metabo, Rexon as well as their own brand ****e.

I reckon its come via Screwfix to be sold in the stores. Don't even know if
its national or just my local store, but worth a look if you need something.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

On 22 Aug, 11:11, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
In my local Warehouse B&Q they have a huge section of clearance items,
including lots of power tools.

Interesting variety of brands; DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, AEG, Ryobi, Hitachi,
Metabo, Rexon as well as their own brand ****e.

I reckon its come via Screwfix to be sold in the stores. *Don't even know if
its national or just my local store, but worth a look if you need something.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

They have similar offers here in the Midlands too. Their own brand
might well be ****e, but I was looking for a cordless saw, just to
roughly cut things that won't go into the car (well...where I don't
need the whole length in one piece afterwards of course!) and picked
up a MacAllister cordless jigsaw down from 63 to 20 quid. If it
doesn't last, well, it's only a drink (according to the scale recently
discussed on here of what a drink is worth, if I remember rightly!)
Times must be getting tough in B+Q land if they're cutting prices by
that much.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:11:21 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

In my local Warehouse B&Q they have a huge section of clearance items,
including lots of power tools.

Interesting variety of brands; DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, AEG, Ryobi, Hitachi,
Metabo, Rexon as well as their own brand ****e.

If you need a particular tool when you need it, but that isn't all
that often, the own-brand ****e may be just what fits the bill.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
In my local Warehouse B&Q they have a huge section of clearance items,
including lots of power tools.

Interesting variety of brands; DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, AEG, Ryobi,
Hitachi, Metabo, Rexon as well as their own brand ****e.

I reckon its come via Screwfix to be sold in the stores. Don't even
know if its national or just my local store, but worth a look if you
need something.

They have something similar in the Wandsworth one - in the car park. But
only end of range odd rolls of wallpaper and strange name dry batteries.
Oh - and lots of bolts of various sizes and types. Last one rather strange
to sell off - unless they're going to stop selling that sort of thing.

--
*No I haven't stolen it , I'm just a **** driver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
In my local Warehouse B&Q they have a huge section of clearance items,
including lots of power tools.

Interesting variety of brands; DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, AEG, Ryobi, Hitachi,
Metabo, Rexon as well as their own brand ****e.

I reckon its come via Screwfix to be sold in the stores. Don't even know if
its national or just my local store, but worth a look if you need something.

The Sheffield branch is clearing out most of its own brand
(Macallister?) stuff. I bought an impact driver and angle drill, both
14V and 2 batteries each, for about £60 including the 15% discount. Seem
OK to me, but I've nothing to compare with having never owned or used
cordless stuff. The cases are enormous, so in the bin with them.

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In my local Warehouse B&Q they have a huge section of clearance items,
including lots of power tools.

Excluding the power tools, we've just bought a metric ****load of
hardwood garden chairs off them (our lawnmower broke today, and we
just happened to spot the offers while we were mooching - with 15%
voucher of course)

We got...

2 "Chichester" folding reclining chairs at £22 each
6 "Chichester" folding chairs at £24 for two

....and a rather large crank-operated grey rectangular parasol with
solar lighting in the centre and all down the canopy arms for £17 :-)
(only the grey one appeared to be on offer)

This was from the St Helens store (Merseyside)

....and a "not reduced" Bosch 320C lawnmower - which is different to
the one they have on display (no lever for the height adjustment, or
flex strain relief "tag" as shown in the manual.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q Clearout (FAO Dave)

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
In my local Warehouse B&Q they have a huge section of clearance items,
including lots of power tools.

Interesting variety of brands; DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, AEG, Ryobi, Hitachi,
Metabo, Rexon as well as their own brand ****e.

I reckon its come via Screwfix to be sold in the stores. Don't even know
if its national or just my local store, but worth a look if you need
something.

Oi Dave....

Have a look at http://www.repairproducts.co.uk/index.htm

Just the sort of stuff you might need sometime...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , R
writes

Have a look at http://www.repairproducts.co.uk/index.htm

Just the sort of stuff you might need sometime...

Useful to see all that on one site & good for a one off purchase but the
fixed 1.99 per item postage soon ramps up for larger orders.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 23, 10:42*am, fred wrote:

Have a look athttp://www.repairproducts.co.uk/index.htm

Useful to see all that on one site & good for a one off purchase but the
fixed 1.99 per item postage soon ramps up for larger orders.

Just gotta love that video where the guy stabs a hole in a leather
suite and the audience go 'oooooh'. How would that goop adhere onto
leather anyway?

Dave.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "R" saying
something like:

Oi Dave....

Have a look at http://www.repairproducts.co.uk/index.htm

Just the sort of stuff you might need sometime...

"Dog Ears
Tear Mender? is a convenient and effective alternative to using tape or
bandages for shaping dog ears. It is safe, non-toxic, and wash-proof,
staying put until removal is desired. NOTE: Ear position varies by breed
and the dog's natural set, so be sure to CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL OR BREED
MANUAL for proper positioning "

Boggle

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 26, 4:08*pm, Grimly Curmudgeon
drugs began to take hold. I remember "R" saying
something like:

Just the sort of stuff you might need sometime...

"Dog Ears
Tear Mender? is a convenient and effective alternative to using tape or
bandages for shaping dog ears. It is safe, non-toxic, and wash-proof,
staying put until removal is desired. NOTE: Ear position varies by breed
and the dog's natural set, so be sure to CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL OR BREED
MANUAL for proper positioning "

Brings tears to your eyes ..

Paul.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:46:16 -0700 (PDT), Owain wrote:

On 26 Aug, 16:08, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
"Dog Ears Tear Mender?
Boggle

Don't keep it in the bedside cabinet folks, you could make an awful
mistake one night ...

Owain

Lipsil - Lipseal?
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.