Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Southern Electricity power monitor

I have a Southern Electricity power monitor but no instructions, can
anyone help? It's a white plastic stand thingy with a large lcd
screen, plug in power supply and a clip on current sender that fits on
the supply cable.

I've got it basically working telling me the current rate of
consumption, and I've managed to set the time on it but can't see how
you input the cost per unit. It has three buttons consisting of a
square, and two triangles (an up and a down). Underneith there is a
socket somewhat like a network connector. On the base the only
identfication is E1.7/1.07 RE8-116961

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/2011 14:34, Andrew Mawson wrote:
I have a Southern Electricity power monitor but no instructions, can
anyone help? It's a white plastic stand thingy with a large lcd
screen, plug in power supply and a clip on current sender that fits on
the supply cable.

I've got it basically working telling me the current rate of
consumption, and I've managed to set the time on it but can't see how
you input the cost per unit. It has three buttons consisting of a
square, and two triangles (an up and a down). Underneith there is a
socket somewhat like a network connector. On the base the only
identfication is E1.7/1.07 RE8-116961

AWEM

The one I got through EON was a CurrentCost device. Have a look at
http://www.currentcost.com/ and see whether it looks like any of their
devices. Once you know the device, you may be able to find manuals
online or get more specific help.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message news
I have a Southern Electricity power monitor but no instructions, can
anyone help? It's a white plastic stand thingy with a large lcd
screen, plug in power supply and a clip on current sender that fits on
the supply cable.

I've got it basically working telling me the current rate of
consumption, and I've managed to set the time on it but can't see how
you input the cost per unit. It has three buttons consisting of a
square, and two triangles (an up and a down). Underneith there is a
socket somewhat like a network connector. On the base the only
identfication is E1.7/1.07 RE8-116961

AWEM

If it's like the one I've got from nPower
long press on the middle button (about 5 secs) then step through the menu with momentary
presses of the middle button

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Hearn" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks David that's sorted it - it's the Current Cost Classic and now
I can set the tarrif -
cheers
AWEM