Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How not to install fence panels

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his panels to
fit.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his panels to
fit.

--
Adam

Easy ...

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en...i=g10&aql=&oq=

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 16:20:49 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his panels to
fit.

Perhaps the same way as the ones fitted across the road?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

Perhaps the same way as the ones fitted across the road?

Doubtful, he has bought some six foot fence panels and was scratching his
head this morning when they did not fit.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his panels to
fit.

Eeee but it's grim oop north.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

Perhaps the same way as the ones fitted across the road?

Doubtful, he has bought some six foot fence panels and was scratching his
head this morning when they did not fit.

some folk just shouldnt do diy

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

Eeee but it's grim oop north.

He would be much better off in a terraced house with no front garden. There
would be far less for him to **** up.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

Eeee but it's grim oop north.

He would be much better off in a terraced house with no front garden. There
would be far less for him to **** up.

I've got to admit he's not one of nature's handymen. WTF is he doing
with the gates that look as if they are tossed to one side?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

Eeee but it's grim oop north.

He would be much better off in a terraced house with no front
garden. There would be far less for him to **** up.

I've got to admit he's not one of nature's handymen. WTF is he doing
with the gates that look as if they are tossed to one side?

Can you see the back end of a bright orange landrover at the top right of
the photo?

He let his wife have a go at moving the Landrover off the driveway (I use
the word driveway but there must be another, better word for it). The gates
were fine up until then......

See

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU1hqEyuLhQ

for what happened when she took the car down the driveway and got it stuck.
This was before she hit the gates with the landrover.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his panels to
fit.

Eeek! When I think of the trouble mine were (every damned post location
had one or more previous lumps of concrete already not-quite-in-place)
it makes me wonder why I bothered when I could have had such good-
looking results just by hurling it at the landscape.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 6172db79-1340-4d1e-b01b-45e4f91369d0
@z3g2000prz.googlegroups.com, says...
Maybe he's going for ranch style fencing.

I.e. looks like a bull walked into it.

Nearer "Looks like a bull shat on it."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...

See

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU1hqEyuLhQ

for what happened when she took the car down the driveway and got it stuck.
This was before she hit the gates with the landrover.

Did she reverse over those annoying kids? Looks like one got the
treatment, at least.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

See

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU1hqEyuLhQ

for what happened when she took the car down the driveway and got it stuck.
This was before she hit the gates with the landrover.

Do they own the car that moves all by itself? And whose car did that one
hit?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

See

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU1hqEyuLhQ

for what happened when she took the car down the driveway and got it
stuck. This was before she hit the gates with the landrover.

Do they own the car that moves all by itself? And whose car did that
one hit?

You are looking at my other YouTubes videos if you have seen that. Their
Zafira hit my car the first time it happened and the second time it hit a
brick wall at the bottom of the street.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Do they own the car that moves all by itself? And whose car did that
one hit?

You are looking at my other YouTubes videos if you have seen that.

Yup.

Their Zafira hit my car the first time it happened and the second time it
hit a brick wall at the bottom of the street.

So that's your car getting crunched is it? Did you deck him or just
claim the money off his insurance?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

Perhaps the same way as the ones fitted across the road?

Doubtful, he has bought some six foot fence panels and was scratching his
head this morning when they did not fit.

The panels weren't shown. They could have been the same type as the
neighbours'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

Do they own the car that moves all by itself? And whose car did that
one hit?

You are looking at my other YouTubes videos if you have seen that.

Yup.

Their Zafira hit my car the first time it happened and the second
time it hit a brick wall at the bottom of the street.

So that's your car getting crunched is it? Did you deck him or just
claim the money off his insurance?

I am far too sophisitated for that, I don't just deck someone because they
are too stupid to leave a car in gear.

If stupididy was the measure.....

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU1hqEyuLhQ

You are looking at my other YouTubes videos if you have seen that.

That camera must have earned its keep several times over ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
Steve Firth wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

Do they own the car that moves all by itself? And whose car did
that one hit?

You are looking at my other YouTubes videos if you have seen that.

Yup.

Their Zafira hit my car the first time it happened and the second
time it hit a brick wall at the bottom of the street.

So that's your car getting crunched is it? Did you deck him or just
claim the money off his insurance?

I am far too sophisitated for that, I don't just deck someone because
they are too stupid to leave a car in gear.

If stupididy was the measure.....

well it would be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Steve Firth wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

[...]

Do you have to buy tickets for this entertainment?

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his panels to
fit.

I'm surprised he would want to mess with panels because open boards with
arris rails would be easier and match the far fence.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his panels to
fit.

I do hope you're going to keep us updated with more pictures as things
progress

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
On 06/02/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his panels to
fit.

I do hope you're going to keep us updated with more pictures as things
progress

I am sure when he fits the panels they will be worthy of a photo.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Djornsk wrote:
On 06/02/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

I'm surprised he would want to mess with panels because open boards
with arris rails would be easier and match the far fence.

How would he get the brackets to line up?
--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 7, 8:17 pm, Djornsk wrote:
On 06/02/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his panels to
fit.

I'm surprised he would want to mess with panels because open boards with
arris rails would be easier and match the far fence.

Maybe I do fences wrong, but I like to space the palings evenly
between the posts. The posts are sometimes different distances apart
because they have to be. I use a calculator to space the palings
evenly. Divide the distance betwen the posts by the number of palings
+1, i.e. not rocket science.
Most tradesmen make all the palings the same distance apart, so next
to each post there is a larger or smaller gap. They even seem
surprised that there is another way of doing the spacing.

My most recent fence:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2r478dg.jpg
Last week yet another person couldn't figure out how to open either of
the two gates. The latch on the left hand gate is the same as most
gates around here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
Matty F writes
On Feb 7, 8:17 pm, Djornsk wrote:
[...]

OK I'll buy it:-)

You lift the left hand end of the gate. The top hinge is slotted
allowing the gate to move past the stop post?

We use what are called New Zealand gates here. Where wide field
entrances are needed for moving livestock a *flying fence* section is
made just short of the space between the posts and secured at one end.
The other end is secured by loops of wire fixed to the stationary post
which accept the bottom of the flying post allowing the wire to be
strained tight and secured by the top loop.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 7, 10:59 pm, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
,
Matty F writes

My most recent fence:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2r478dg.jpg
Last week yet another person couldn't figure out how to open either of
the two gates. The latch on the left hand gate is the same as most
gates around here.

OK I'll buy it:-)

You lift the left hand end of the gate. The top hinge is slotted
allowing the gate to move past the stop post?

The left hand small gate has on ordinary gate latch on the right hand
side - the kind that vast numbers of gate have:
http://img-asia.electrocomponents.co...R434962-01.jpg

Obviously that gate opens inwards and away from the large gate.

Since there is nowhere for the large gate to swing, obviously it
slides.
It is too flimsy to swing anyway.
Obviously it won't slide past the small gate, so it slides to the
right.
There is no catch on it yet - just grab the gate and pull it to the
right.
It slides behind the fence on the right.
This all has the added benefit that I get fewer annoying people trying
to sell me something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 18:58:17 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

ARWadsworth wrote:

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his panels
to fit.

Eeee but it's grim oop north.

Top lawn for playing cricket on, though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU1hqEyuLhQ

You are looking at my other YouTubes videos if you have seen that.

That camera must have earned its keep several times over ...

Give me a week or two and I'll dig out the video of my van getting
vandalised.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
On 06/02/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

I do hope you're going to keep us updated with more pictures as things
progress

David

OK. I am now uploading a CCTV video from this afternoon onto Youtube of him
and two mates fitting some of the panels. However the ETA is 10 hours. I
suppose it goes without saying that the fence looks charming.

Here's a couple of photos until the video is ready

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0337.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0338.jpg

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

Lobster wrote:
On 06/02/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

I do hope you're going to keep us updated with more pictures as things
progress

David

OK. I am now uploading a CCTV video from this afternoon onto Youtube of
him and two mates fitting some of the panels. However the ETA is 10 hours.
I suppose it goes without saying that the fence looks charming.

Here's a couple of photos until the video is ready

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0337.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0338.jpg

--
Adam

Well, a blind man would be pleased to see it.
Has a spirit level been involved yet?
(I think I know the answer.)

Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
[...]

He'll save a fortune on booze.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/02/2011 16:32, ARWadsworth wrote:
wrote:
On 06/02/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

I do hope you're going to keep us updated with more pictures as things
progress

David

OK. I am now uploading a CCTV video from this afternoon onto Youtube of him
and two mates fitting some of the panels. However the ETA is 10 hours. I
suppose it goes without saying that the fence looks charming.

Here's a couple of photos until the video is ready

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0337.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0338.jpg

Can't wait for that.

However - I have invented a solution - the rubber fence panel!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
On 06/02/2011 16:20, ARWadsworth wrote:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/100_0330.jpg

As per in the picture. I am not sure how he is going to get his
panels to fit.

I do hope you're going to keep us updated with more pictures as things
progress

David

I have managed to get some videos onto YouTube. It was a complete PITA due
to dropped links etc. I ended up converting the videos and losing the
quality.
So I now have the full installation of the panels recorded on CCTV. More
time is spent with hands in pockets than the fitting of the panels and there
is not a spirt level in sight.

Some gravel boards were raised (and then lowered by jumping on them) and one
fence post was removed. Personally I would have given the job to the dog
that was running around the garden.

Fence1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU87IKS_YOE

Fence2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw3tNA-TFAc

NB Fence 2 may not work until about midnight (and if the upload fails I will
re post a link to it)

Fence 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz6xLanjVrM

Fence 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDvrUBx4B-E

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
says...
I have managed to get some videos onto YouTube.

Needs Yakkety Sax in the background.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:15:29 -0000, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Lobster wrote:
[...]

I was most concerned for the safety of the poor dog, running around
the streets.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Some gravel boards were raised (and then lowered by jumping on them) and
one fence post was removed.
Personally I would have given the job to the
dog that was running around the garden.

would that be the same dog that you use to cut your grass ?
;(
-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 17:11:04 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

Well the next door but one neighbours are going to the garden centre on
Saturday to buy some ivy. They are going to plant it against the fence
so that they do not have to look at it.

In twenty years time when the ivy has grown... They vary a bit but
it's not a fast growing plant.

--
Cheers
Dave.