Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Computer

John Rumm wrote:
On 23/01/2011 16:22, Andy Champ wrote:

Mac Mini starts at UKP612 (apple's store).

Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium
Starting at£1,725.24 (Adobe's store).

Creative suite is not Acrobat alone but a complete suit of other tools
such as photohshop, illustrator, indesign etc *and* Acrobat.

Acrobat 9 Pro on its own is more like £200 - £250 trade.

Ah, so when you said "I bet I can but a decent PC, and the poshest version
of acrobat for good deal less than even a crap mac" You didn't mean "the
poshest version" you meant "an old copy at a knock-down price".

FWIW a copy of "the poshest version" which is Acrobat XL Pro will set you
back £532.80. As Andy pointed out a new, shiny Mac will set you back £612.
Although I admit that PC hardware is almost worthless, I can't see you
getting a new PC for less than £80.

Computer NG? Higgs Boson[_2_] Home Repair 107 January 7th 11 09:38 PM
DIY via computer PeterC UK diy 23 July 11th 09 08:31 AM
computer ? JP Home Repair 1 August 14th 08 02:15 AM