Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Medway handyman on twitter?

I've just noticed I'm now being followed on twitter by

http://twitter.com/Medwayhandyman

No, not ours - Maybe Dave ought to get on there to provide some
competition :-)

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M.Chapman wrote:
I've just noticed I'm now being followed on twitter by

http://twitter.com/Medwayhandyman

No, not ours - Maybe Dave ought to get on there to provide some
competition :-)

Darren

Darren,

Bloody hell, TMH made enough of a fuss a couple of years back when he
accused all and sundry of plagiarism of his website.

Now watch him go into full drama queen mode now that someone of a similar
name appears to be working the Medway area - feather dusters out and let
battle commence!

After comparing the two sites, the Medway Handyman Services appears to be
the more professional of the two though.

PMSL - here while awaiting the usual invective.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:14:06 +0000, Unbeliever wrote:

D.M.Chapman wrote:
I've just noticed I'm now being followed on twitter by

http://twitter.com/Medwayhandyman

No, not ours - Maybe Dave ought to get on there to provide some
competition :-)

Darren

Darren,

Bloody hell, TMH made enough of a fuss a couple of years back when he
accused all and sundry of plagiarism of his website.

Now watch him go into full drama queen mode now that someone of a
similar name appears to be working the Medway area - feather dusters out
and let battle commence!

After comparing the two sites, the Medway Handyman Services appears to
be the more professional of the two though.

PMSL - here while awaiting the usual invective.

Oh, give it a rest. It's pathetic.

Or *are* you the other Medway Handyman? That would explain it...
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M.Chapman wrote:
I've just noticed I'm now being followed on twitter by

http://twitter.com/Medwayhandyman

No, not ours - Maybe Dave ought to get on there to provide some
competition :-)

Darren

Darren,

Bloody hell, TMH made enough of a fuss a couple of years back when he
accused all and sundry of plagiarism of his website.

Now watch him go into full drama queen mode now that someone of a
similar name appears to be working the Medway area - feather dusters out
and let battle commence!

After comparing the two sites, the Medway Handyman Services appears to
be the more professional of the two though.

PMSL - here while awaiting the usual invective.

Oh, give it a rest. It's pathetic.

I agree, I'm not going to bother replying to the ****.

Or *are* you the other Medway Handyman? That would explain it...

He doesn't have the brains. I know exactly who it is, a letter from my
solicitor re 'passing off' will be sent shortly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M.Chapman wrote:
[...]

ROTFL - are you a registered company, or have you copyrighted your trading
name? If not.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

http://twitter.com/Medwayhandyman

I know exactly who it is

I should hope so, considering a single click on that link gives you his
phone number, full name, and whois for the domain returns his home
address...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M.Chapman wrote:
[...]

yawn .... are you a yank/troll?

PS "Passing off is a common law tort which can be used to enforce
unregistered trademark rights."

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 14cd3809-0a4a-4673-a35b-
, says...
ROTFL - are you a registered company, or have you copyrighted your trading
name? If not.......

yawn .... are you a yank/troll?

PS "Passing off is a common law tort which can be used to enforce
unregistered trademark rights."

He's right, you know.
http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-abo...otect-unreg/t-
protect-passingoff.htm

The gibberment's website says you can use it even if you've not
registered the name/trade-mark.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In fact - have you considered registering a trade mark? £170 might be a
bit steep, but it could be money well spent if he's pulling trade away
from you.

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmapply.pdf

Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M.Chapman wrote:
[...]

But can this other bloke fit wireless doorbells:-)?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Skipweasel
writes
In fact - have you considered registering a trade mark? £170 might be a
bit steep, but it could be money well spent if he's pulling trade away
from you.

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmapply.pdf

If he's not already done it ...

--