Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas hobs on propane

Need to install a gas hob in a utilty room, but no mains gas. Are the
majority of 'normal' hobs re-jettable for propane - indeed do they
need re-jetting?

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/01/2011 11:19, Andrew Mawson wrote:
Need to install a gas hob in a utilty room, but no mains gas. Are the
majority of 'normal' hobs re-jettable for propane - indeed do they
need re-jetting?

AWEM

I've installed a couple of gas hobs in the past - and they've all
required re-jetting for Calor gas (the alternative jets came with the hob).
There's also a screw adjustment (in the ones I did it was either beside
the control shafts or actually down inside the control shafts - fiddly!)
that has to be set after the jets have been changed....

Adrian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/01/2011 11:19, Andrew Mawson wrote:
Need to install a gas hob in a utilty room, but no mains gas. Are the
majority of 'normal' hobs re-jettable for propane - indeed do they
need re-jetting?

Need rejetting, and I think the choice may be smaller - need to make
sure when you get it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/01/2011 11:19, Andrew Mawson wrote:
Need to install a gas hob in a utilty room, but no mains gas. Are the
majority of 'normal' hobs re-jettable for propane - indeed do they
need re-jetting?

AWEM

Every cooker I've encountered can be re-jetted. You'll need a different
(red stripe) flexible hose too.

induction hobs Dave UK diy 47 July 31st 08 06:55 PM
electric hobs Maurice Hood UK diy 8 May 2nd 06 11:02 PM
Hobs with water reservoir Leigh Varnham UK diy 2 January 21st 05 01:21 PM
Hobs question Owain UK diy 0 November 24th 04 09:17 PM
Built in Gas Hobs Pete UK diy 8 December 27th 03 03:01 PM