Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tip for leaking dishwasher

Thought this might be worth passing on.

about a year ago the built-in dishwasher started dumping pools of water
on the floor. Nothing was done except we didn't use it as if there is
one thing I hate, its pulling dishwashers apart.

Then a friend arrived and said 'i've pulled half a dozen apart, cant be
that bad'

So we set to.

First we properly located the replacement pump motor and its pipe that
the last dishwasher repair man had failed to install correctly. Still
leaked.

The we disassempled the drain sump amd removed the cherry pips and olive
pips. Still leaked. Then we re attached the pipe we had probably pulled
off when fixing the pump motor. Still leaked.

About this time it blew the RCD and that was an hour getting the wifes
mac to work again. Because the silly **** had rebooted it BEFORE the
server which it depends upon for her inboard TV to have somewhere to
write, would work..and it wasn't even then showing up as a networked
drive..finally after several attempts nmbd daemon restarted after
presumably clearing out old crashed run files..

In desperation with wife frowning badly at the bow third time mopped up
floor, we took the sie off and discovered some really vile engineering.
there was a sort of plastic mixing tank for the softener with two pipes
that located inside tow other pipes using O-ring seals. Both were
leaking badly.

we removed it, cleaned the faces and tried again. Still leaked.

Pondering silicone sealer or hot glue, no o-rings suitable in
house..then friend had brainwave. PTFE tape wound round the tube to
increase diameter, reassemble and BINGO. It's still fine after two weeks.

Wife only frowning over Cameron wetness with respect to Europe, now.

Whole episode reminded me of Freelander light cluster repair. WHY use a
connector that fails when the thing will never ever need to be replaced
in the machines lifetime? Because it takes to long to solder on a
production line. Same with this tank thing. The tank wouldn't ever go,
no need to have it removable. Pure production penny pinching.

Sigh. Miele if it breaks again.

Leaking dishwasher Mark Corbelli Home Repair 8 November 1st 07 12:22 PM
GE GSD2800 Dishwasher Leaking Sam Goldwasser Electronics Repair 22 June 25th 07 01:38 PM
Old Asko dishwasher leaking oil? [email protected] Home Repair 1 August 10th 06 03:58 PM
Dishwasher Leaking pb UK diy 3 July 27th 05 09:43 PM
dishwasher leaking badgolferman Home Repair 7 May 5th 05 12:21 PM