Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Butane 7.5 kg gas blow torch

On 09/12/2010 14:01, John wrote:
I didn't see you original post. I assume you mean the blow torches
with a gas hose to them. Are they not compatible with both? My caravan
cooker works on both butane and propane. Just a different regulator
for each gas. Nothing else is changed.
I'm sure you know about the low temperature problems with butane.

John

Thanks for that John, unfortunately the t
blow torches with a hose all seem to specify propane. Yes I know they
can freeze, but that would not be a problem for me. I assume that you
cannot just swop a butane bottle for a propane one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 9, 3:07*pm, Moonraker wrote:
On 09/12/2010 14:01, John wrote: I didn't see you original post. I assume you mean the blow torches
with a gas hose to them. Are they not compatible with both? My caravan
cooker works on both butane and propane. Just a different regulator
for each gas. Nothing else is changed.
I'm sure you know about the low temperature problems with butane.

John

Thanks for that John, unfortunately the t
blow torches with a hose all seem to specify propane. Yes I know they
can freeze, but that would not be a problem for me. I assume that you
cannot just swop a butane bottle for a propane one.

You can easily swop the hose connection and use your blowtorch off
butane, but a half-decent blowtorch will experience problems on small
butane cylinders.

No idea what the letter of the cylinder hire regulations say, but my
experience has certainly been that in practice suppliers are quite
happy to swop not only propane for butane but one size of cylinder for
another.

Make sure you get a regulator which covers the pressure range required
by your blowtorch. Big ones can be quite fussy and an adjustable high
pressure propane regulator can be very useful.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Moonraker" wrote in message
On 09/12/2010 14:01, John wrote:
I didn't see you original post. I assume you mean the blow torches
with a gas hose to them. Are they not compatible with both? My caravan
cooker works on both butane and propane. Just a different regulator
for each gas. Nothing else is changed.
I'm sure you know about the low temperature problems with butane.

John

Thanks for that John, unfortunately the t
blow torches with a hose all seem to specify propane. Yes I know they can
freeze, but that would not be a problem for me. I assume that you cannot
just swop a butane bottle for a propane one.

If it is calor then you can
https://secure.calor.co.uk/OrderCalo...erExchange.asp

Both the 7KG Butane and Propane are in group B so can be interchanged for
free.

--
Toby...
Remove pants to reply

Gas blow torch Moonraker[_2_] UK diy 2 December 3rd 10 04:15 PM
Pencil butane torch for Surface Mount desolder? N_Cook Electronics Repair 17 May 29th 10 06:29 PM
Blow torch, propane torch mm Home Repair 39 March 31st 06 02:15 AM
Butane cylinder for miniatue torch Jerry S About this forum 0 January 14th 06 04:11 PM
blow torch Steve UK diy 7 August 16th 03 11:40 AM