Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Yale nightlatch

On Nov 29, 1:50*pm, "Harry Syme" wrote:
Hi there

My yale nightlatch lock jammed in the upside down position and wouldnt move
(the keyhole I mean)

I bought a new cylinder and cut the bar too short.

Its a YALE b-1109-sc type

My old one was a brass one and the bar was removeable but i cannot work out
how to remove the bar from the new one so that i can use the old bar.

Is it possible of is it fixed?

I asked yale but got no replies. Poor customer service.

Any help appreciated.

New lock cylinders are only £2 for unhardened for £3 for hardened, its
not really worth mucking with.

NT

Yale lock setback? Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 2 October 2nd 10 10:45 PM
Yale Rim Cylinders John Whitworth[_3_] UK diy 10 September 22nd 10 11:52 PM
Yale Lock Bolt mattm UK diy 7 July 1st 09 08:03 PM
Yale Alarm skippy UK diy 2 September 8th 06 01:39 AM
Which Yale lock? Lobster UK diy 18 July 21st 06 06:39 PM