Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The Gas Man Cameth ...

On Sunday, 15 May 2016 20:27:45 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Saturday, 14 May 2016 22:44:03 UTC+1, cran wrote:
replying to Appelation Controlee, cran wrote:

As a gas engineer I am looking for a gas valve for the same boiler
customer wants to keep the one pipe system.( does not want the upheaval
of updating the system (£6000.00) gas board estimate..........its a
honywell v8267..a1228 24v ...........I need to kick ass at honeywell
.....you mean you don't have parts for your 30 year old
boilers.....disgracefull! ....cran

You sure don't sound like a gas engineer. You won't get one, it's repair
or new boiler.

you sound that the chap who came from British Gas when our Village Hall
boiler failed. "Can't get the parts - it needs a new boiler." So, I rang
someone from the Yellow Pages, he looked then rang someone on his mobile
and fitted the replacement part two days later.

A common scam. But I really don't think the OP will get parts for a 1960s boiler.

NT