Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Honeywell TRVs

I've been struggling trying to balance my radiators.
I noticed in SEVERAL unimportant rooms (utilty, toilet, etc) that the
rads get very hot even with the LSV down to 0.5 turn open AND the TRV
set to snowflake.

Seems like bad TRVs, so I bought one new one as a trial and confirmed
this (now fixed in that room).

A bit of Googling revealed someone stating TRVs have a limited life,
eg 5-7 years. These might be 15 years !
So that appears to be true.

If I'm going to swap ~10 of these, then it's not cheap, as I just paid
£15 for one LT117E
Also they don't sell the head only.
Out of interest, what is the fail mechanism ?
I guess no chance of fixing ?

Thanks in advance.

Replacing old Honeywell thermostat with Honeywell 907 Kostas Kavoussanakis UK diy 7 November 3rd 07 03:25 PM
TRVs bof UK diy 38 September 28th 07 05:32 PM
TRVs John Stumbles UK diy 1 April 24th 07 12:19 AM
TRVs again Keith G. Powell UK diy 3 November 7th 05 09:18 PM
TRVs - although not quite diy Alan UK diy 2 September 17th 05 08:32 PM