Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soundproofing - Kitchen

My neighbours aren't bad but they do like to slam kitchen doors.

My kitchen doors are on the adjoining wall, too, so maybe they think
I'm noisy too. I was going to put some of those pads on them that
minimise some of the noise but I can't rely on them to do the same as
we're not on speaking terms.

Thinking about how kitchen doors are made, there's usually a gap at
the back of them. Could some mineral wool be behind them or how about
some rubber matting where the cabinets fix to the wall?

I'm looking for something non-invasive, as I'll most likely be selling
in the next year or so.

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 03:08:25 -0800 (PST), Bill wrote:

My neighbours aren't bad but they do like to slam kitchen doors.

They probably just let 'em go and the self closing hinges do the
rest.

My kitchen doors are on the adjoining wall, too, so maybe they think
I'm noisy too. I was going to put some of those pads on them that
minimise some of the noise

Bumper pads will help a bit but the proper pneumatic dampers are much
more effective.

but I can't rely on them to do the same as we're not on speaking terms.

Doesn't quite tally with "My neighbours aren't bad". Are you not on
speaking terms because of "bad blood" between you or because they, or
you, just like to keep themselves to themselves.

Thinking about how kitchen doors are made, there's usually a gap at
the back of them. Could some mineral wool be behind them or how about
some rubber matting where the cabinets fix to the wall?

Not worth it for the minimal difference it would make. The dampers
and much cheaper and far less hassle to fit.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yeah, we're all typically British and keep ourselves to ourselves.

One of the neighbours got everyone out clearing snow last winter and
everyone was so nice but we all soon went back to being how we all
were before.

Thanks for the advice all.

Soundproofing - what's really possible? Ben UK diy 21 April 11th 08 11:42 PM
Soundproofing - what can we do? [email protected] UK diy 13 May 18th 07 09:11 AM
Soundproofing b8pu UK diy 5 March 6th 07 07:01 PM
Two-way soundproofing? Kevin UK diy 7 February 16th 07 08:20 PM
Soundproofing Mark L. Home Repair 3 January 8th 05 07:25 PM