Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default how to bend a piece of metal?

I have a piece of aluminium approx 6" x 4" that I want to bend into a 1.75"
(approx) diameter (sorry my brain isnt metric)
so curving the 6" length
It is stiff, maybe 1mm possibly 1.5mm thick. but still bendable.
It doesnt have to be perfect but looking to get reasonable.

How best to attempt this, I have no bending type tools as such but have a
vice and usual DIY tools.

Any thoughts on this before I start?

thanks