Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is about women?

Wife informed me last week that she wanted dropping off at Warwick
services on Thursday, so our daughter could pick her up and take her on
to Portsmouth for the g daughters birthdays.

I have 2 Rover 45's, one petrol the other a diesel. The diesel has
developed a minor problem with the clutch, the pedal is tending to stick
down sometimes. I know what the problem is and it should been looked at
next week, as it is also over due for a service. At this point, I
decided to use the petrol one and booked it in for an MOT for 1-30 this
afternoon, just to give me confidence there is nothing obviously wrong,
like rubber boots splitting. The garage I take it to does not do MOT's
but they are all Rover trained and would pick up on anything wrong with
the car as they took it to the MOT testers.

Her mobile was switched off, so I couldn't contact her and she arrived
home at 2-20 so I had to go to the garage to cancel the MOT and beg them
to look at the clutch problem on the diesel car.

End result is that she might not get to Portsmouth because of her
memory. And she calls me for being forgetful.

Gripe over

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave wrote:

Wife informed me last week

[snip tangled tale]

End result is that she might not get to Portsmouth because of her
memory.

Err, are you sure it's your wife's memory that's at fault :-P
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2010 15:33, Dave wrote:
[...]

Is there a bit missing from your story? Booked in for an MOT doesn't
seem to be anything to do with her.

TBH it does sound rather more like your problem. You've got two cars,
one of which you say is knackered, and one of which you don't look after
enough to trust for a not terribly long drive.

Why not take a look around the petrol one and just drive it? Is it
really that manky?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2010 16:04, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave wrote:

Wife informed me last week

[snip tangled tale]

End result is that she might not get to Portsmouth because of her
memory.

Err, are you sure it's your wife's memory that's at fault :-P

I waited 2 hours for her to come home, or phone me to say she had taken
the car to the garage. Soooo.

Yes! She has no recollection of me telling her that the diesel would
have to come off the road this week. I booked the MOT last week and
explained this to her.

Women:-(

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2010 16:41, Dave wrote:
On 26/10/2010 16:04, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave wrote:

Wife informed me last week

[snip tangled tale]

End result is that she might not get to Portsmouth because of her
memory.

Err, are you sure it's your wife's memory that's at fault :-P

I waited 2 hours for her to come home, or phone me to say she had taken
the car to the garage. Soooo.

Yes! She has no recollection of me telling her that the diesel would
have to come off the road this week. I booked the MOT last week and
explained this to her.

Women:-(

Dave

Well, if you explained things to her as well as you've related your
story here, there's little wonder that misunderstandings have arisen!
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2010 16:34, Clive George wrote:
On 26/10/2010 15:33, Dave wrote:
[...]

No, it isn't. From comments on here I might just use it Thursday. I
spent most of yesterday afternoon checking oils, water and tyre
pressures. Diesel is due a big service next week, so that is my best option.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2010 15:33, Dave wrote:
[...]

Seems more reasonable. I'm guessing you're retired if you managed to
stretch out checking oil, water and tyre pressures to most of an
afternoon :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2010 15:33, Dave wrote:
[...]

And weak and tired, all that and I am not 65 till next year :-((

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2010 15:33, Dave wrote:
[...]

65 is not old.

Lots of posters on this newsgroup are older than that.

To be fair, when I reach 65 years of age I do expect most of those that are
now 65+ will be dead.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2010 15:33, Dave wrote:
[...]

Pah your just a young sprog that I can just remember from my youth. :-((

Dave

Women [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 10th 08 01:08 PM
Do you know any fat women? John Elder Woodworking 6 April 11th 08 02:32 AM
03/17/07 Reuters: Two bodies found in Mosul: The bodies of two men and two women were found in various districts of Mosul on Friday. Two infants were found alive beside the two dead women, police said. BGKM Woodworking 0 March 17th 07 08:14 PM
Women. Matt Home Repair 24 February 4th 05 09:01 PM