Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default £1bn environmental stealth tax

"Retailers are "surprised and dismayed" after a £1bn environmental stealth
tax was revealed in the Comprehensive Sending Review yesterday.

It has emerged that money put into the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC)
scheme by participating business will not now be recycled back to those
companies with good environmental performances, but will instead be returned
to the Government."

http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=13911

I'm not at all surprised.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:48:38 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

"Retailers are "surprised and dismayed" after a £1bn environmental stealth
tax was revealed in the Comprehensive Sending Review yesterday.

It has emerged that money put into the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC)
scheme by participating business will not now be recycled back to those
companies with good environmental performances, but will instead be returned
to the Government."

http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=13911

I'm not at all surprised.

Makes you wonder how many more spikes are hidden under the carpet for
unsuspecting feet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Retailers are "surprised and dismayed" after a £1bn environmental
stealth tax was revealed in the Comprehensive Sending Review
yesterday.

It has emerged that money put into the Carbon Reduction Commitment
(CRC) scheme by participating business will not now be recycled back
to those companies with good environmental performances, but will
instead be returned to the Government."

http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=13911

I'm not at all surprised.

Makes you wonder how many more spikes are hidden under the carpet for
unsuspecting feet.

What did the idiots expect when voted for the 'clone of Maggie" and power
hungry 'Cleggie'?

Whatever it was, many of them certainlt had a surprise - some people never
learn!

And before The Meddling Half-wit sticks his oar in, I was there in the last
lot of Thatcher's ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 21, 11:24*pm, Tim Streater wrote:
There's only **** this time because
of the previous Labour lot of incompetents - as always.

"If Labour's spending was so wildly out of control, why did the Tories
promise to match their plans, pound for pound, all the way until
November 2008? Why didn't Osborne and Cameron howl in protest at the
time?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...our-blame-game
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike wrote:
On Oct 21, 11:24 pm, Tim Streater wrote:
There's only **** this time because
of the previous Labour lot of incompetents - as always.

"If Labour's spending was so wildly out of control, why did the Tories
promise to match their plans, pound for pound, all the way until
November 2008? Why didn't Osborne and Cameron howl in protest at the
time?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...our-blame-game

because the damage then was done, and the first thing to do was to
limit the damage:

Now we are in the business of curing the disease.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
mike wrote:
On Oct 21, 11:24 pm, Tim Streater wrote:
There's only **** this time because
of the previous Labour lot of incompetents - as always.

"If Labour's spending was so wildly out of control, why did the Tories
promise to match their plans, pound for pound, all the way until
November 2008? Why didn't Osborne and Cameron howl in protest at the
time?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...our-blame-game

because the damage then was done, and the first thing to do was to
limit the damage:

Now we are in the business of curing the disease.

But no action to prevent the banks from causing another one. Seems people
have short memories.

--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike wrote:
On Oct 21, 11:24 pm, Tim Streater wrote:
There's only **** this time because
of the previous Labour lot of incompetents - as always.
"If Labour's spending was so wildly out of control, why did the Tories
promise to match their plans, pound for pound, all the way until
November 2008? Why didn't Osborne and Cameron howl in protest at the
time?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...our-blame-game

because the damage then was done, and the first thing to do was to
limit the damage:

Now we are in the business of curing the disease.

But no action to prevent the banks from causing another one. Seems people
have short memories.

That is not quite true. There is action, but it doesn't make the
headlines. And its not by the government.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Easy to blame your failure in life on someone else isn't it?

Still, never mind, you eventually made 'foreman'.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Ericp
saying something like:

http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=13911

I'm not at all surprised.

Makes you wonder how many more spikes are hidden under the carpet for
unsuspecting feet.

Meet the New Boss;
Same as the Old Boss.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher
saying something like:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...our-blame-game

because the damage then was done, and the first thing to do was to
limit the damage:

Now we are in the business of curing the disease.

Yeah. Like the Tories would have done anything differently from Labour
when it came to raking in the profits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/10/2010 22:58, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Meet the New Boss;
Same as the Old Boss.

Sorry who?

Andy