Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to remove socketted arris rails?

I have to temporarily open a section of fencing tomorrow. It has
wooden arris rails which are inserted into sockets on a concrete post.
How can I get them out without damaging them please?

Do they bend enough to be able to?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Barnard wrote:

I have to temporarily open a section of fencing tomorrow. It has
wooden arris rails which are inserted into sockets on a concrete post.
How can I get them out without damaging them please?

If the rails go straight into the concrete posts, you could cut through
the rails at the point they enter the mortice, and re-fit them with
metal brackets

http://www.sabrefix.co.uk/products_f...view.php?id=81

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Mike Barnard wrote:

I have to temporarily open a section of fencing tomorrow. It has
wooden arris rails which are inserted into sockets on a concrete
post. How can I get them out without damaging them please?

If the rails go straight into the concrete posts, you could cut
through the rails at the point they enter the mortice, and re-fit
them with metal brackets

http://www.sabrefix.co.uk/products_f...view.php?id=81

Indeed. SF sell them
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/58168/...ets-Pack-of-10

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 00:11:08 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:
Mike Barnard wrote:

I have to temporarily open a section of fencing tomorrow. It has
wooden arris rails which are inserted into sockets on a concrete
post. How can I get them out without damaging them please?

If the rails go straight into the concrete posts, you could cut
through the rails at the point they enter the mortice, and re-fit
them with metal brackets

http://www.sabrefix.co.uk/products_f...view.php?id=81

Indeed. SF sell them
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/58168/...ets-Pack-of-10

Hi again.

If thats the only way, I'll take a saw as well as a claw hammer.

Thanks.

Arris rails Cap'n Hannibal Kookypants UK diy 5 April 19th 10 11:37 PM
Arris rails in concrete posts The Medway Handyman UK diy 3 May 26th 08 07:10 PM
Dado rails lenusa UK diy 6 June 3rd 07 09:52 AM
Using my veneer trim or chamfer bits to make a veneer arris bent Woodworking 0 December 27th 06 04:00 AM
Stair Rails Pubic Woodworking 0 March 5th 06 09:53 AM