Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PIR-activated flood that bleeps?

I'd like a PIR-activated security floodlight that makes some kind of noise
while lit. I don;t want anything as loud as a burglar alarm siren; just
something I can hear if I'm in the house or in the house next door. I don;t
want to wake the neighbourhood up every time a cat comes prowling in the
night.

Has anyone seen such a device for sale anywhere? 12-volt, gel cell battery-
operated, solar charged, would be ideal. Faling that, a mains powered
device would be my second choice.

Altenatively does anyone know of a suitable a 240v bleeper of some kind,
that I could wire in parallel to the bulb in a 240v PIR-operated security
floodlight.

Thanks,

Al
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote in
:

On Oct 8, 8:08*pm, "AL_n" wrote:
I'd like a PIR-activated security floodlight that makes some kind of
nois

while lit.

A google for pir security light internal chime produces several likely
possibilities including
http://www.grandoffers.co.uk/product...numRecordPosit
ion=1&P_ID=231

This does't have a light, but the chime end is portable.
http://www.grandoffers.co.uk/product...History=relate

Altenatively does anyone know of a suitable a 240v bleeper of some
kind, that I could wire in parallel to the bulb in a 240v
PIR-operated security floodlight.

Thank you for that. Some useful items did indeed show up when I used your
suggested search words.

You could take the 240V to a bell transformer and then onto any
ordinary doorbell. But that would give you continuous ringing while
the light is on

A continuous (or repeating) sound while the light is on, is what I would
like. It needs to be something that doesnt jar the nerves...

Al

Posted to uk.d-i-y

AL_n wrote:
Owain wrote in
:

On Oct 8, 8:08 pm, "AL_n" wrote:
[...]

Guardcam from TLC http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TSGC.html

"GuardCam has the option to deliver one of three messages upon activation.
"Warning you are tresspasing",
"Warning you are being captured on video"
and finally a Barking dog (more effective than you may think).
There's also the option to have no voice alert."

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

and finally a Barking dog (more effective than you may think).

We have the genuine article and he does indeed deter many a door to door
caller. On our path there is an inspection chamber lid, it isn't quite
level, and makes a noise when you walk on it. It is enough to alert the
dog who gives a nice deep bark or two.