Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fein clone again (and Aldi quoting uk.d-i-y)

The cheap Fein clone is back in Aldi:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_15875.htm

Bought one last year when they reduced the last few to £30 and it's
been very good for those jobs where nothing else will do.

Also, I see they're quoting Toby's post about their swing drill from
this newsgroup but attributing it to diybanter.com:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_15873.htm
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 8, 7:47*am, mike wrote:
The cheap Fein clone is back in Aldi:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_15875.htm

Bought one last year when they reduced the last few to £30 and it's
been very good for those jobs where nothing else will do.

Looks like the first generation Fein which you need an allen key to
fix the blade. The latest Feins have a quick release which hopefully
they have a worldwide patent on. The side grip is a bit useless with
a tool that small. In fact almost all the battery/powerdrills I have
owned, the side grip is taken off never to be used again.

Also, I see they're quoting Toby's post about their swing drill from
this newsgroup but attributing it to diybanter.com:

I would be interested to know if it was good at drilling joists but I
expect the gears would die a relatively quick death if it was used in
anger for that sort of heavy duty work, nor would it have the umph.
Angle grinder to cut down a spade bit in a short body branded drill/
driver would be far more reliable.

Dave.