Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Onduline for shed cladding?

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use Onduliine vertically for
cladding my shed? Aesthetically it isn't an issue because I live in a
very rural area and lots of barns round here are made from black
corrugated materials so mine would blend in.

Thanks as always
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"nicknoxx" wrote in message
Is there any reason why I shouldn't use Onduliine vertically for
cladding my shed? Aesthetically it isn't an issue because I live in

very rural area and lots of barns round here are made from black
corrugated materials so mine would blend in.

Thanks as always

Main problem would be it only comes in 6 foot lengths, so ok if you
are vertically challenged!

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/09/2010 07:25, Andrew Mawson wrote:

wrote in message
Is there any reason why I shouldn't use Onduliine vertically for
cladding my shed? Aesthetically it isn't an issue because I live in

very rural area and lots of barns round here are made from black
corrugated materials so mine would blend in.

Thanks as always

Main problem would be it only comes in 6 foot lengths, so ok if you
are vertically challenged!

AWEM

Have just heard back from Onduline and they say there is no problem
using it vertically. You just overlap the sheets as with a roof.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

*wrote in message
Is there any reason why I shouldn't use Onduliine vertically for
cladding my shed? *Aesthetically it isn't an issue because I live in

very rural area and lots of barns round here are made from black
corrugated materials so mine would blend in.

Thanks as always

Main problem would be it only comes in 6 foot lengths, so ok if you
are vertically challenged!

AWEM

Have just heard back from Onduline and they say there is no problem
using it vertically. You just overlap the sheets as with a roof.

I've used Onduline on a shed roof and found it very quick to install
and considerably less hassle than felting. I take it that the OP sees
these parameters as being a bonus over say weatherboarding plus no
maintenance.

My concern would be impact damage - rooves are well out of the way,
walls aren't, and wood is considerably more tolerant to the odd bash
where Onduline would fracture through. There is also the downside
that a ladder couldn't be laid against it to access the roof.

Rob

Onduline carport roof Stephen[_6_] UK diy 16 June 16th 09 07:39 PM
"Onduline" versus "Corroline" (corrugated roofing product) Vortex3 UK diy 1 June 1st 08 10:22 AM
Waterproof ply for shed cladding? robgraham UK diy 0 April 15th 06 12:12 PM
Onduline Newshound UK diy 3 February 3rd 05 10:01 PM
B and Q Cladding Noah UK diy 1 October 30th 04 09:46 PM