Newshound

Default Onduline

Will I find a significantly better price than Wickes (£8 for 2000*940) if I
shop around? Can anyone suggest a supplier in the Bristol / Gloucester area?
I've just Googled without any success.

Autolycus

Newshound wrote:
Will I find a significantly better price than Wickes (£8 for
2000*940) if I shop around? Can anyone suggest a supplier in the
Bristol / Gloucester area? I've just Googled without any success.

Is the Wickes product actually Onduline? The Ariel Plastics (aka Brett
Martin) web site shows two identical-looking materials, Onduline and
Coroline, so I asked them what the difference is, and I've just had a
reply that Coroline is thinner (2.8mm cf 3.00mm, but must also be less
dense, as it weighs 2.9kg/m^2 cf 3.3kg/m^2.

Ariel describe Coroline as more of a d-i-y product than Onduline, and
recommend Onduline for large roofs, low pitches, and over-sheeting.

I'm considering buying anything up to 80 sheets of the stuff, so I might
pursue this one a little further. SLE Cladding sell Onduline, and I'm
waiting for their price list.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***

Newshound

Is the Wickes product actually Onduline? The Ariel Plastics (aka Brett
Martin) web site shows two identical-looking materials, Onduline and
Coroline, so I asked them what the difference is, and I've just had a
reply that Coroline is thinner (2.8mm cf 3.00mm, but must also be less
dense, as it weighs 2.9kg/m^2 cf 3.3kg/m^2.

Ariel describe Coroline as more of a d-i-y product than Onduline, and
recommend Onduline for large roofs, low pitches, and over-sheeting.

I'm considering buying anything up to 80 sheets of the stuff, so I might
pursue this one a little further. SLE Cladding sell Onduline, and I'm
waiting for their price list.

They look very similar, but the Wickes data sheet does give the thickness as
2.8 mm. I will have a look at your other links. Thanks.

Andy

"Autolycus" wrote in message
Newshound wrote:
Will I find a significantly better price than Wickes (£8 for
2000*940) if I shop around? Can anyone suggest a supplier in the
Bristol / Gloucester area? I've just Googled without any success.

Is the Wickes product actually Onduline? The Ariel Plastics (aka Brett
Martin) web site shows two identical-looking materials, Onduline and
Coroline, so I asked them what the difference is, and I've just had a
reply that Coroline is thinner (2.8mm cf 3.00mm, but must also be less
dense, as it weighs 2.9kg/m^2 cf 3.3kg/m^2.

Ariel describe Coroline as more of a d-i-y product than Onduline, and
recommend Onduline for large roofs, low pitches, and over-sheeting.

I'm considering buying anything up to 80 sheets of the stuff, so I might
pursue this one a little further. SLE Cladding sell Onduline, and I'm
waiting for their price list.

I bought Onduline sheeting from Wickes just over 2 yrs ago so if they
don't sell it now then they certainly used to....