Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mega Expanding Foam from Beeny

On 22 Sep, 07:29, therustyone wrote:
On 21 Sep, 23:47, Owain wrote:

On Help My House Is Falling Down Why Didn't I Get A Survey And Does
This Crack Really Matter tonight, Ms Beeny demonstrated, well not
personally, some mega expanding foam that you pump under a house
instead of underpinning it. Sets concrete hard very quickly.

There are some photos on the house's own site athttp://carrickhousefareham.co.uk/uretek-ground-stabilisation.html

And my suspicion that it was a rather downmarket B&B before (from all
the fire detectors and the drains blocked with Full English fat) was
confirmed.

Owain

Temporary fix ? This stuff is organic so will degenerate over time.
When they experimentally glued large concrete tiles on the outside of
tower blocks in the 60's (Univ of Warwick) they started falling off in
20 years as the epoxy decayed and weakened and this became a big
safety issue for pedestrians for many yards around.

rusty

uretek blurb says "minimum design life in excess of 100 years –
although the basic integrity of the material could last up to 1000
years"

we all know it degrades in light - maybe that's what got Warwick??

missed the prog (as usually sh1te) did Beeny mention how much it cost
to do ? (and how much did they do?)

Jim K

expanding foam Fred UK diy 6 August 8th 10 08:42 PM
Expanding foam behind CU Jon[_3_] UK diy 12 September 19th 08 12:08 AM
expanding foam HELP Peter UK diy 11 June 24th 07 08:14 PM
Expanding Foam VisionSet UK diy 3 September 6th 06 09:16 PM