Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas pipe quote - any ideas?

As part of having a new boiler fitted in my roof space I need to upgrade the
gas supply as the original one was found to be only 15mm. It was anticipated
and I kept the upgrade as a separate item to be quoted if needed.

The installation is working fine - the boiler is happy with the 15mm supply
pressure (about 18millibar) - but it doesn't meet the regulations so I need
it to be changed.

The pipe run needs to be from the outside meter cubicle - straight up the
wall (well - a little bend to place it out of sight near a rainwater pipe) -
into the roof space - across the rafters and to the boiler. I reckon about
10 - 11 meters in total. Obviously a tee is needed in the meter cubicle to
supply the existing cooker and gas fire.

I feel it should only be about 2 - 3 hours work.

What do you guys think in terms of time and cost?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:56:52 +0100, John wrote:

I feel it should only be about 2 - 3 hours work.

And your feeling about that is based on *how much* experience installing
and testing gas pipework?

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

"I used to think correlation implied causation.
Then I took a statistics course and now I don't."
"Sounds as if the statistics course helped."
"Well, maybe."