Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Disassembling Sony HC22e Mini-DV camcorder

Hi

I have a Sony HC22e Mini-DV camcorder, the screen of which has stopped
working. I suspect that the Flex Cable between the camcorder body and
the screen is broken. I have downloaded a Sony service manual for the
camera and removed the indicated screws but it won't come apart. I
suspect that there are some cunning little clips that have to be
released somehow.

Does anyone know how to disassemble this camcorder please?

Best regards

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DavidA" wrote in message
Hi

I have a Sony HC22e Mini-DV camcorder, the screen of which has stopped
working. I suspect that the Flex Cable between the camcorder body and
the screen is broken. I have downloaded a Sony service manual for the
camera and removed the indicated screws but it won't come apart. I
suspect that there are some cunning little clips that have to be
released somehow.

Does anyone know how to disassemble this camcorder please?

Best regards

David

When I had (sort of) similar problems with a flip type mobile phone I was
amazed how much helpful privately posted stuff there was on the net. My
guess is that as well as the screws, there are small "detent" type clips and
you may need to spring the joint in just the right place with a fingernail
or a thin knife blade. A lot of mobile phones are held together this way as
well as with the screws. The art is knowing where it is safe to prise, which
is where the web helps.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message

"DavidA" wrote in message
[...]

Yes I've found the same: there seems to be a huge section of youtube where
people demonstrate stripping many things down, which can be very handy for
the diyer - so long as you learn to pick out the spoofs that are inevitably
included. There are sites and pages devoted to disassembling all manner of
things - this very laptop included. Sadly, I tried a few searches on this
camcorder, but only came across the manuals, and similar questions from the
OP on other fora. Worth keeping thinking of new ways to phrase your search
parameters though, as all these mass produced consumer items need to be torn
apart some time, and a great many people like us can't afford or don't trust
the official service establishments.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:01:34 -0700 (PDT), DavidA
wrote:

Hi

I have a Sony HC22e Mini-DV camcorder, the screen of which has stopped
working. I suspect that the Flex Cable between the camcorder body and
the screen is broken. I have downloaded a Sony service manual for the
camera and removed the indicated screws but it won't come apart. I
suspect that there are some cunning little clips that have to be
released somehow.

Does anyone know how to disassemble this camcorder please?

Best regards

David

I keep my old credit cards and use them to prise the case apart.
Try jamming the corner of the card into the join between two sections
of case.
Advantage of CCs is they tend to deform rather than the case.
If you have to use a knife to separate the parts it's likely to
scratch the case if it's plastic.

HTH