Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default lidl stapler

anybody got 1 of these electric staple guns from lidl?? also what do
you think of the samsung vp-d381 mini dv camcorder for £50. what kind
of memory does it hold?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
chris wrote:
anybody got 1 of these electric staple guns from lidl??

Yup. Got a hammering when fitting a new hall and stairs carpet with
hardboard and underlay and didn't complain.

Staples can be a wee bit hard to find - they seem to be to a Bosch
standard. So had to mail order the most useful (to me) sizes. It's a much
better tool than the B&D I used before.

also what do
you think of the samsung vp-d381 mini dv camcorder for £50. what kind
of memory does it hold?

Pass.

--
*I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"chris" wrote in message
anybody got 1 of these electric staple guns from lidl?? also what do
you think of the samsung vp-d381 mini dv camcorder for £50. what kind
of memory does it hold?

If it's a mini dv machine, then it records onto tapes and won't have any
in-built memory. Tapes typically last an hour and give good results and you
get to keep the tape as backup once you've transferred it to PC.

John M

Posted to uk.d-i-y

chris wrote:
anybody got 1 of these electric staple guns from lidl??

Yep. Have only used it for a couple of small jobs so far, but it seems
convincing. It gave the staples a good belt into some hard timber and
didn't feel like it was going to knock itself to bits.

Last time round they were also selling boxes of refills for it - I
bought a few just in case they're an odd size as some Aldidl things are.

Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pete Verdon submitted this idea :
Last time round they were also selling boxes of refills for it - I bought a
few just in case they're an odd size as some Aldidl things are.

Our local Lidl had the stapler and a big pile of the staples for it.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Pete Verdon submitted this idea :
Last time round they were also selling boxes of refills for it - I
bought a few just in case they're an odd size as some Aldidl things
are.

Our local Lidl had the stapler and a big pile of the staples for it.

I didn't look at the staples this time round as I have plenty, but last
time they seemed be all rather too long. I found the sizes I wanted
elsewhere.

--
*El nino made me do it

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
chris wrote:
I didn't look at the staples this time round as I have plenty, but last
time they seemed be all rather too long. I found the sizes I wanted
elsewhere.

Where?

They are a Bosch Typ 55. (that's what's on the box - not type) Found what
I wanted by Googling - one of the large tool etc places. Sadly I don't
appear to have kept the URL. I wanted shorter ones for fixing underlay,
etc. The Lidl ones were all rather long.

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

Stapler recommendation mark UK diy 5 July 2nd 10 10:38 AM
GLOAT stapler Karl Townsend Metalworking 12 October 27th 07 07:54 AM
Floor Stapler 3/4, 5/16 to 3/8? [email protected] Home Repair 2 April 23rd 07 09:10 PM
Air Stapler question Bill Davis Jr Woodworking 2 May 7th 06 11:52 AM