Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The water feature pics.

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/z...ature/?action=

I'm new to photo album tricks so kindly do not criticise:-)

Rather a lot of effort for a modest gurgle!

regards
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
news

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/z...ature/?action=

I'm new to photo album tricks so kindly do not criticise:-)

Rather a lot of effort for a modest gurgle!

Rather a lot of work for as you say a modest gurgle.
You could have chained a dog up and watch it **** for
a lot less cash. Ramp up the power on that pump,
maybe rig up an angle grinder.....

Does look nice though.
--
The man who smiles when things go wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 23:10:45 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/z...ature/?action=

I'm new to photo album tricks so kindly do not criticise:-)

Rather a lot of effort for a modest gurgle!

Where did you source the reservoir? I have a small water feature in one
corner, and it was constructed using an extra large 'rubber' waste bucket
as a sump, with a bit of perforated galvanised metal on top. It's not
really big enough and I could do with something larger for a sump.

--
The Wanderer

Faith is a gift from your God
Religion is a gift from the Devil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Wanderer
writes
On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 23:10:45 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

http://s828.photobucket.com/albums/z...ature/?action=

I'm new to photo album tricks so kindly do not criticise:-)

Rather a lot of effort for a modest gurgle!

Where did you source the reservoir? I have a small water feature in one
corner, and it was constructed using an extra large 'rubber' waste bucket
as a sump, with a bit of perforated galvanised metal on top. It's not
really big enough and I could do with something larger for a sump.

It is actually an old galvanised water trough culled from the pile of
*possibles* remaining after I stopped rearing beef cattle.

The hidden detail is a strong frame welded up from galvanised angle and
T section. The barrel full of water weighs more than I do and needs to
be supported inside the collecting zone for the sump. I considered
adding *aprons* to collect drips from further afield but then didn't
bother.

There are plastic barrels (ex-chemical containers) available from
industrial sources. Usually blue and found cut in half scattered around
pony fields.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
news
In message , The Wanderer
writes
[...]

Why does the barrel have to be full of water!?

Surely it would be better to just seal the lid on the top and have a pipe
running from the top to the bottom?

Toby...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Toby
writes

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
news
In message , The Wanderer
writes
[...]

Not very stable. I suppose a few rocks inside would do the same job.

Currently the lid is reversible and may be covered in broken slate or
turned over and..... not my dept.

Surely it would be better to just seal the lid on the top and have a
pipe running from the top to the bottom?

Maybe. The feed pipe is plastic waste and sealed with a straight tank
connector at the bottom. The lid has a clearance hole.

Narrowing the outlet would produce a taller jet but the current set up
met approval.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:07:18 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:
There are plastic barrels (ex-chemical containers) available from
industrial sources. Usually blue and found cut in half scattered around
pony fields.

Check car collision repair places, too - they'll probably have a source
of petrol/diesel on site for testing purposes, and it'll be shipped to
them in big plastic barrels (at least that's how we got ours)

cheers

Jules

water feature... Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 12 July 17th 10 10:22 AM
Water Feature Chris J Dixon UK diy 10 April 20th 10 03:15 PM
water feature on top of a wall Melange UK diy 17 June 27th 08 07:03 PM
Smelly water feature The Medway Handyman UK diy 28 April 11th 07 11:38 PM
Anyone help with water feature problems [email protected] UK diy 11 December 29th 05 06:47 PM